Friday, December 15, 2017

CAS Mix Up December Reminder-Your Choice

Time already for our December CAS Mix Up Reminder Samples
by our Design Team and talented Guest Designer, Ina (Little Bits of Craft).
You will be Inspired!


You still have until the 24th to play along in our last 2017 CAS Mix Up Challenge!

Here is my Christmas Card using Stamping + Alcohol Inks on Acetate with Tissue Paper + Die Cuts.

My card design is a CASE of  This Christmas Card I made in August CASE'ing my girlfriend, Christine.  I have been getting wonderful use out of my Alcohol Inks on Acetate with Tissue Paper backgrounds in my stash.

Check out Loll's Tissue Paper Watercolouring & Techniques Video.

For a Detailed Description of my background click on my link.

I added die cuts for the frame, background, snow bank and trees.
Fun and Easy CAS design for a last minute Christmas card.

Hope you are done or close to being done with your holiday preparations.
Happy Holidays my friends.  Hugs.

I am adding to CAS-usual Fridays CFC189 Dreaming of a White Christmas.


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Warm Hands, Warm Hearts.
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Acetate and White Crinkled Tissue Paper.
Inks: T.H. Alcohol Inks..green tones.  Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle medium die, ATC Tag Builder die and Stitched Snow Hills Die.  Impression Obsession Fir Trees. SU Fine Tip Glue Pen, dimensionals, rhinestone and retired snowflake.


18 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous! Love this card I might case it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased Vicki that you CASE'd my card with your beauty https://allidoisstamp.blogspot.com/2017/12/cas-mix-up-challenge-flower-challenge-15.html and a gorgeous bookmark that I want to CASE:-) WE do have fun! Happy Holidays my friend.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! This is stunning! The background is amazing and I love the texture from the stitching. I must check out this technique again! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the visual texture from your alcohol ink background. Wonderful winter scene, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Nancy the result you got with your alcohol inks is breathtaking. Love the stitched die and how you popped your snow white trees on top. Nice sentiment font and that teeny snowflake with bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrr I can feel the cold with that stunning AI acetate tissue background. Exceptional is the word that comes to mind. Love the white winter tree setting, just a beautiful composition. Merry Christmas dear friend, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...this is SOOOO beautiful Nancy! Guess I've had my head in the sand because I've never heard of using Al inks on acetate, but you can believe I'm definitely going to try that out!! Is the tissue paper behind the acetate colored or plain white, and is it smooth or wrinkled up first? Your background is just stunning and the simple tree die cut looks just lovely against it! Beautiful, beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcia. I used scrunched white tissue paper. I just added a link to Loll's tissue paper video and a link to my 1st card using the same technique as I used on this card except different colors and I stamped on the acetate. Hope this helps. I know you would LOVE this technique. Be prepared to make several backgrounds. I usually end up with 8 or 12 :-) Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Amazing background with a great technique. Unique and so very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that AI background, so stormy and wintry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the swirls of green on your beautiful background Nancy! Your white trees and stitched edge die cuts are lovely over it! I haven't tried the tissue backed acetate yet - you have mastered it! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try Julia. You would love it! And...you end up with gorgeous backgrounds for your stash:-) Happy Holidays my friend. Hugs

      Delete
  10. Fabulous AI on acetate with tissue Paper background, Nancy! I love it! I especially love the vibrant and rich shades of green! You look at the card for a while and feel like you're drawn into the Emerald World. The fir trees and everything else being white enhances the beauty of the background. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. This snowy hill of trees is so pretty on your acetate background, my friend! It is a magical scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The background is so bright and pretty Nancy and the white trees and stitched snow slope really pops. I love the wonky stitched background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh, that background is so gorgeous, Nancy! And with the stark white against it -- splendiferous! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy