Thursday, November 16, 2017

CAS Watercolour Holiday Reminder!

The month is flying by as the Holiday Season is right around the corner!



Here is my Be Jolly This Christmas card!


I am having so much fun with my 3 new "Layered Holly", "Layered Snowman" and "Layered Leaves" stamp sets designed by Shirley (shirley-bee's stamping stuff) for STAMPlorations!
Fun and Creative samples by Shirley using her new sets.

You would never guess my background was designed using..."Layered Snowman" stamp set!  I used the solid and lined stamps that are 2 different sizes.  The small circle for the snowman's head and large circle for his body!  A very versatile and fun stamp set!

I used my MISTI to place my stamps.  Stamping 1st with the solid stamps using Distress Inks and spritzing with water onto Strathmore Bristol paper.  I used Candy Apple, Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint, Seedless Preserves and Fired Brick.  Stamped lined stamps and sentiment with Archival Jet Black.

Next a sponged and spritzed with water a piece of scrap watercolor paper using Candied Apple and Lucky Clover and die cut with CUTplorations Be Jolly die.  I die cut another layer with black cardstock to give it a subtle shadow.

Before attaching my die cut sentiment I die cut my background with Memory Box Stitched Rectangle and popped up with fun foam onto my SU Thick Whisper White card base.  Then attached Be Jolly with  SU Fine Tip Glue pen and weighted down with acrylic block.

Done and loved the fun Christmas design hope you do too:-)

You have until the 24th to play along with our CAS Watercolour Holiday Challenge. Be sure and check out the gorgeous cards by our DT and Guest Designer Ina (little bits of craft)

Happy Holiday stamping my friends...Hugs!

Adding STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes



Supplies: 
Stamps: STAMPlorations Layered Snowman (circles), Layered Holly (This Christmas).
Paper: SU Whisper White card base.  Strathmore Bristol. and SU Basic Black.
Inks: T.H. Distress Inks: Candied Apple, Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint, Seedless Preserves and Fired Brick. Archival Jet Black.
Accessories: CUTplorations  Be Jolly Die. MB Stitched Rectangles. SU Fine Tip Glue Pen. Fun Foam.


13 comments:

  1. Very creative and oh-so fun!! Love how you've used your snowman stamps to create this colourful circle background. Love that be jolly sentiment die (have it and haven't inked it yet!). xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun design! And such innovative use of the snowman stamps. Love the traditional colour scheme with just that little touch of the non-traditional purple! Great way to do the sentiment - and "jolly" really suits the design too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun thinking outside the box and getting another Christmas card for my stash. Hugs

      Delete
  3. Yes you sure had fun with this fabulous card. Great colours of inks and loving those stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the whimsy of this one! Those are not only fun to do but look wonderful and cheerful. How creative to do this with a snowman set! Love how the color goes outside the lines for that artsy look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your brightly coloured circles and the coordinating die cut sentiment is perfect Nancy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this contemporary Christmas card, Nancy! Such a fun design with the pretty colors! The sentiment is perfect for this jolly card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome colours and fun card. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun, bright and happy feel to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a whimsical and stylish card, Nancy! I love the bright colors. I'd have never imagined you used a snowman stamp set until I read your post. How creative! The bold die-cut sentiment with the black subtle shadow pops even though you used the same colors in the background. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun you're having with the snowman stamp set! So many ways to use it and darn cute, too! Love the big sponged and spritzed sentiment die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this bright and jolly card Nancy. Fabulous cas. Nice touch with the black behind your jolly die.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy