Sunday, August 27, 2017

CAS-Usual Fridays CFC181-Kraft and White

I am playing in the CFC181 Color Challenge-Kraft and White!
I love this color combo and was thinking Christmas,  but needed more thinking of you cards for my stash..

Here is my sepia colored rose "So Sorry" Card 


I stamped my STAMPlorations "Framed Solitary Rose" onto mixed media paper using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and then watercolored with paint brush and Distress Inks. Next I die cut my main image and die cut 2 more framing layers.

All the SU Kraft cardstock layers were sponged with SU Crumb Cake to give the paper a suede look.

The kraft die cut layer was inlaid into the die cut white frame and the main image was popped up using foam tape.  I masked off the "for your loss" from my PB sentiment that was from the "Heartfelt Thanks" stamp set, which I LOVE!  I added Wink of Stella to the rose.  Wish you could see.

Enjoy and Happy Stamping my friends.  Hugs...

Adding to STAMPlorations Summer CAS Card Challenge:


STAMPlorations Never Ending Anything Goes:


STAMPlorations Summer Theme and Sketch:





Supplies: 
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Framed Solitary Rose". Penny Black "Heartfelt Thanks".
Paper:  SU Kraft and Thick Whisper White.  Strathmore Mixed Media.
Inks: Archival Black.  T.H. Distress Inks: Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.
Accessories: Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Dies, Wink of Stella, foam tape, sponge dauber.




19 comments:

  1. Wow, a beautiful and elegant sepia colored rose, Nancy! The Vintage Photo distress ink perfectly matches with the kraft and white combo. The layered (and inlaid) frames draw the eye to the focal image. And the crumb cake sponging and the Wink of Stella coating are a great finishing touch! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment, Hideko. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Nancy!! I love your sepia panel - it's so totally amazing. I have to give this a try. You are always inspiring me, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Stamploration stamps and your card is a classic example of the beauty one can create. Beautiful use of the kraft and white colour combo.,xxx[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Nancy! I love how the white stands out and showcases that gorgeous flower! I also love the stacked stitched layers too. Beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so beautiful! And I love all those frames... You always have great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such elegance in this fabulous card. Love the framing and layering and the limited colour palette is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Love the way you just used shades of brown to get an old-fashioned sepia effect. Love that wonderful image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW! I've always wanted to do a sepia card and you succeeded brilliantly! This is amazing, Nancy! So is your shading in coloring your blossom. This is one, fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The muted colors on this are wonderful Nancy! I wondered what you used to make it look glittery/glossy (Wink of Stella) - I can see it in the photo! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, Kraft and white is one of my favorite combos, this is such a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's perfectly sepia! The stamp is very pretty and your coloring looks great. Love the inlaid and layered framing. Very nice for sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! I thought that was veneer, great job! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy your card is just gorgeous! I love how the flower turned out. Did the floral stamp also have the printed background or did you add that separately? Also a great touch to sponge the frames. Little details like that make so much difference. Thanks for sharing your creation with everyone at Casual Fridays Color Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The text is part of the STAMPlorations stamp, which is a wonderful addition. Thanks for your sweet comment, Marcia. Hugs..

      Delete
  15. Such a gorgeous card, love the sepia coloring, and the layers. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful! Love the layered frames.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy