Sunday, November 12, 2023

More Group of Seven Stenciling over Heat EB:-)



Click on link above to see all the Group of Seven Cardmakers Card Samples:-)

This video by Gina K Stenciling over Heat Embossing is very helpful.
This is a fun and easy technique.

Gina's Steps!
  • Ink up a background stamp with Versamark ink, clear ink or white pigment ink
  • Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set
  • Place stencil over top and secure with tape
  • Sponge inks over stencil
  • Use paper towel to wipe off any inks that are sitting on top of your heat embossing (resist).  Remove tape and stencil.
                                                         
2 More Christmas cards...I am Loving this technique:-)

I was inspired by Lolly and Bonnie's Tim Holtz Poinsettia Layering Stencil cards.
Be sure and check them out and thanks girls for reminding me that I got this stencil 
last Christmas season,  but did not use it.....
This was my 1st time to use the Poinsettia Layering Stencil and the 
SSS Clean Line Christmas Stamp Set and matching Dies Set.

I followed Gina K's steps exactly.  
I also have 2 more recent posts using the technique.
My 2nd Post with my 1st Christmas Card using the technique.

I am going to share just my supplies for my new Christmas cards:-)

Supplies:
Stamps: SU Distressed Plaid BG stamp (ret) SSS Clean Line Christmas Sentiments.
Paper: Neenah Solar White and SU Basic Black.
Inks: SSS White Pigment Ink,  DI Barn Door, Mowed Lawn and Scattered Straw. VersaFine Clair Nocturne Pigment Ink.
Accessories:  Tim Holtz Poinsettia Layering Stencil.  The Rabbit Hole Designs Powder Tool for Heat EB. Brutus Monroe Stick and Stamp Mat. 3M Masking Tape. Wow White EB Powder,  SSS Slimline Christmas Dies Set.
SU Dimensionals to pop up sentiment. Altenew Mini Blending Brushes.
 
*************

My 2nd Card plus Close Up of the Gold embossed shine!

Close Up

Supplies:
Stamps:  Same.
Paper: Neenah and Tonic Gold Foil for framing.
Inks:DI Barn Door,  VersaFine Clair Nocturne Pigment Ink.  
Accessories: Same except used Ranger Princess Gold EB Powder.

***************************

Enjoy and thank you for visiting.
Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season,  dear friends!

Love and Hugs...


***************************

Sending over to NBUS #56 I used Tim Holtz Poinsettia Layering Stencil and SSS Slimline Christmas Dies Set for the 1st time:-)



 


15 comments:

  1. This stencil works perfectly for this technique and I'm glad you had the stencil in your NBUS box, Nancy! It pairs great with this background stamp for two more fantastic Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inspiring me with your beautiful Poinsettia card, my friend. So much fun sharing...Happy Holidays...Love and Hugs, Nancy

      Delete
  2. You have embraced this technique so well and I love all the cards you've made. The gold really looks beautiful with the poinsettia stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m loving these technique cards from the Group of 7 and your poinsettias are just beautiful! Seeing the close up of the gold made my jaw drop! SO happy to see your lovely work, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the technique, Nancy. My favourite is the white one but both are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your cards. They are a perfect pairing of background stamp and stencil. It's amazing how different they look by switching up the colour of embossing powder. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolly for inspiring me to use my NBUS poinsettia stencil and your sweet comment. Love and hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  6. Wowie, Nancy, this is such a cool result with the Flannel Plaid background and poinsettias. I love how subtle the background is on your first card. In fact, I didn't even realize it was the flannel stamp until I saw the second card. I actually have several card bases embossed with the plaid and ready to go. They've been waiting in my card parts forever. I just love both cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you do with your flannel backgrounds, Leslie. TFS your comment...always so appreciated, my dear very creative forever friend:-) Love and Hugs....Nancy

      Delete
  7. 2 beautiful cards! I love the choice of stamp and stencil - it looks very stylistic and artsy. Sorry for my absence - I've been really bad at keeping up with everyone these last few months. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both Christmas cards are fantastic, Nancy!
    The distressed look of the background adds so much interest to the poinsettia images, and the clean font of the sentiment is awesome! The black side strips and the black sentiment give the card a sense of unity for the first card, and the shiny gold plaid and the thin gold foil strips look so beautiful with the red poinsettias for the second card! Love both cards, my sweet friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always LOVE your comments, Hideko...you always notice the little details that I think are so important for a finished card design. TFS your thoughtful comment, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  9. Wow, beautiful cards, Nancy! I LOVE the subtle white plaid with the red poinsettias in the first card! Like Leslie, I didn't realize what it was at first! The gold plaid is lovely, too, but I like the lighter touch of the white! Darn, I'm pretty sure I gave my plaid BG stamp away when we moved! Oh well. You always inspire me! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, TFS your sweet comment. I have given away LOTS of SU background and stamp sets, etc over the years...I was thrilled that I still had this bg and the En Francais BG. Both worked well with our G07 technique:-)

      I am going to send you an email...lots to share:-) Love and Hugs....Nancy

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy