Thursday, June 8, 2023

Group of Seven Cardmakers May Blending Ink on Colored Paper

Another fun technique from the Group of Seven Cardmakers!



Be sure and check out all the fabulous cards by the Seven Cardmakers,  Detailed
instructions and this very helpful Video: Be Bold and Add Drama by Jenny!

My Ink Blending on Colored Cardstock Card..Enjoy!
I started with an A2 size of SU Daffodil Delight yellow cardstock.
Then stamped the Altenew "Paint a Flower: African Daisy" with Clear Versamark ink
using MISTI.
Next heat embossed with Wow Opaque Bright White EB Powder.

Then sponged Black Soot Distress Ink around the edge of the A2 size card front
using an Altenew Mini Blending Brush. Then blended Spiced Marmalade Distress ink
 using a mini blending brush towards the flowers,  but not the center.
I also made sure to blend the pumpkin pie ink into the black!

Next I used my TH spritzer to add water droplets to the background and then
dabbed the background with paper towel.

When the background was dry I lightly splattered with Posca Black acrylic brush pen.
To lighten up the card front I die cut with Pinkfresh Braided Oval die
so more of the Daffodil Delight yellow cardstock showed thru...

I used the smaller oval die from the set to cut a piece of craft foam and
attached to the back of the die cut daisy image, 
which popped it up just a bit! A cool effect:-)
Then attached to Ninnah Solar White 110# Card Base and Done!
I am looking forward to using this Blending Ink on Colored Paper again!

Thank you GO7 Girls for another fun Card Technique!
Love and Hugs,

Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew Paint a Flower: African Daisy.  I will add a sentiment to the inside later...
Paper: SU Daffodil Delight.  Ninnah Solar White 110#.
Inks: Clear Versamark, Spiced Marmalade and Black Soot Distress Inks.
Accessories: Wow Opaque Bright White EB Powder, Heat tool, Connect Glue, Altenew Mini Blending Brushes. Pink Fresh Braided Ovals Dies. MISTI 

*****************************

I am linking to the May Group of Seven Blog 




 

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Nancy. Love your colour blending, those pretty white daisies really pop. The die cut frame is a really nice detail too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very beautiful mf....has a vintage feel to it.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautiful card ... so dramatic with the blended colours and gorgeous white embossed image. Love that you cut the oval with the design .... amazingly creative card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to all the very creative GO7 Cardmaker girlfriends:-) Love and Hugs..

      Delete
  4. This is really beautiful. The image is lovely and the colors are so vibrant. I love the Braided Oval die too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at daisies, Nancy. The background you created to show them off is fabulous. I love how you mixed the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking about my mom's African Violets and in popped your African DAISIES! So bright and beautiful, Nancy!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wait... I did not see this one and WOW is it ever gorgeous! One of my faves I've seen with this technique. Love the rich, warm colors. You did every detail of the technique just perfectly. I really love the braided oval, too, with the lighter yellow peeking through. Fantastic, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it yesterday:-) Once I added the braided oval..I then really liked it:-)

      Delete
  8. This is simply stunning. You have really nailed it. i love all the depth and texture you created with your blending and splatters. I am still waiting to get around to having a go at this technique. As you always say - thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Nancy! This is perfect in every way from design to execution. LOVE that frame that you incorporated with this technique. A definite WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome colors and a wonderful choice of stamp, Nancy! I LOVE the oval die cut with the yellow peeking through! A brilliant card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a warm and happy daisy card, Nancy! Your execution of the technique is perfect by that I mean the blending inks and splattering ink and water are done beautifully! The oval frame is stylish, and I love the bright yellow peeking through!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hideko...I always LOVE trying new techniques:-) I look forward to catching up on your recent trip to Japan to visit family and friends:-) Chat soon, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  12. This is beautiful Nancy, and I love the contrast of the pretty white embossed flowers agains the orange and yellow background with some great ink blending too, and the ornate oval frame shows off the flowers brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful twist with the die cutting and love the colour combo ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy