Friday, October 1, 2021

CAS Mix Up MM Botanical Prints

Time for our CAS Mix Up (MM) October Botanical Prints Challenge 
hosted by our awesome DT girl,  Bonnie😃 We also have creative cards by our
 very creative Guest Designer Izzy ........to inspire you.

Bonnie's Message
This month I'd like to find leaves, flowers, ferns, etc. from the yard and bring them into the craft room to use on a card.  You can put them between 2 pieces of watercolor paper and run them through the Big Shot, or use them on a gel plate, or even paint a leaf and press it onto cardstock.
I can't wait to see what you do with what grows in your space!



Video Tutorials:

My card using my version of Gina K. Designs Stamping Real Leaves Video!

The differences between my technique and Gina K's Stamping Real Leaves
 with Distress Ink's was that I did not use a dried maple leaf and I then added Bister's Mahogany, Red and Yellow powder to my glass mat and spritzed with water.  Gina used Distress inks directly onto her leaf.  I then placed leaf over the inks and smooshed the ink onto the leaf until well covered.

Next I placed maple leaf onto Strathmore MM paper and placed a large acrylic block over leaf
and pressed down with my hand.  Removed leaf and smooshed and and reapplied more ink onto
leaf and placed carefully over 1st layer of ink and pressed down with acrylic block.

You can see some of the veins and stem.  The maple leaf image was not distinct so when leaf 
was dry I placed it over the dried ink and traced around the leaf with an 03 Art Pen.
I did the same thing with the seed pod.

Next used one of my favorite techniques...fussy cutting both images with my SU papersnips:-)
Then popped up the maple leaf with craft foam and placed leaf and seed pod 
onto SU die cut Basic White 100# Retired Framelits Square Collection.

Added image to SU 5" square Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
Then stamped sentiment with Smile all Season sentiment using Archival Jet Black ink
and Done!  Loved the result:-)

Hope you can play along.  You have until the 24th to add your Botanical Print:-)
Love and Hugs...Stay Safe dear friends...

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black "Smile all Season" sentiment.
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie CS.  SU Basic White 100# CS.  Strathmore MM. 
Inks: Bisters reconstituted powders with water on glass mat.  Bisters Mahogany, Red and Yellow.
Archival Jet Black ink.
Accessories: SU Framelits Square Collection.  SU Regular and Mini Dimensionals.  SU Papersnips.
03 Art Pen. Real Vine Maple Leaf.


21 comments:

  1. Isn't this just the coolest thing? I did leaf stamping for later and was amazed at the results. Love your artistic version with the splattery look, the outline, and fussy cutting. We have a whole outdoors full of nature stamps and I'm thrilled! Your card is gorgeous, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...just walk out the door for so much inspiration and leaf stamps:-) TFS your sweet comment, my friend. I am Loving this Challenge by Bonnie and ALL the Inspiring CAS cards by our talented DT and GD!!! Hugs.

      Delete
  2. You love fussy cutting, what a strange thing! I do it and love the look but definitely don't enjoy it. Anyway I am glad you love it because it has made all the difference to your stamped leaf. Such a good idea to outline it first too. The end result is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Especially loved fussy cutting after getting my SU Papersnips when they 1st came out about 8 or 10 years ago. They are still nice and sharp...I only use for fussy cutting. TFS your sweet comment, my friend. Hugs..

      Delete
  3. A great idea to fussy cut your beautiful bright leaf and the outline traced and then fussy cut makes a great dimensional piece Nancy, and love the bright red for the background card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you did this! It looks great! The fussy cutting was a good idea. Love the scalloped edge and the red card base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaf is so gorgeous Nancy! It's fun to try new techniques, but then make a few changes to make it your own. I love the way the leaf design turned out, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love how this turned out and what a great technique. You ladies are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This leaf turned out amazingly Nancy, all the trouble you took with ink and pens certainly paid off, it's a wonderful tribute to nature!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea, Nancy! Your smooshed leaf is so pretty! You do such great fussy cutting, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your smooshed leaf and seed, Nancy. This looks like such a fun technique and one I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your smooshed maple leaf is fantastic, Nancy! I actually love the indistinct print of the leaf. It looks artsy and makes your imagination work. :-) The black outline definitely helped to give the leaf (and seed pot) more definition. Great color choice of the card base! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors on that pretty leaf...there is something about the shape of maple leaves that touches all my buttons. The way you enhanced the shape by tracing it makes it pop off the pretty scalloped card panel. Love the clean, almost graphic look of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outline around your images, it really makes them pop Nancy on this lovely Leaf design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving this Nancy- a real cool idea to smoosh the your botanical pieces and I think the color is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your leaf looks amazing Nancy, perfect colours for this time of year. I think the smooshing gives a great look, and that fussy cutting .... well ..... what a great job you've done with that! (I love my SU papersnips too!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you made this technique your own Nancy and what a unique and stunning effect on your fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful ! Love the watercolour effect with your technique and to draw the outlines with a fine liner is so clever ! Love it. Thanks so much for inspiring and for having me guesting in this challenge with you all. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous mf...beautifully done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG amazing Nancy, your print, tracing and fussy cutting all made such a beautiful card ♥
    Sorry I haven't been around commenting, I just got back from the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely leaf print using your alternate technique Nancy - so pretty in the red and the scalloped edge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy