Saturday, August 10, 2019

CAS Mix Up August Challenge: Paper Towel Transfer

I have been a fan of Loll's Paper Towel Transfer Technique 
and was so happy when she made a Video of the Technique.  I finally had 
good luck following her tips:-)




Be sure and check out the creative cards by the DT and the GD Betty (created by bjk)

I began by using a paper towel that was saturated with yellow Distress Oxides that I
used multiple times to wipe up excess inks from my glass mat.
 Again,  I used Loll's video for my technique.

I placed saturated paper towel over Strathmore Bristol paper and sprayed with water. 
Next pressed with my fingers over wet paper towel to transfer inks.
It is so cool how the pattern from the paper towel shows up on the background.

Then I die cut the background when dry using my new Penny Black "Leaf
Stitched Frames" die.  Then placed in MISTI and covered
Magenta "Large Daisy" stamp with Distress Oxide "Carved Pumpkin" and
spritzed with water for a watercolor look.  I stamped a 2nd time for good coverage.

Set background aside to dry and stamped and heat embossed Pinefeather Press
"Ways to Say Thinking of You" sentiment.

Attached a Bristol paper layer that I had die cut with the frame die
and popped up the main image with White Craft Foam and Done!

Thank you Loll for your wonderful challenge and video:-)
You have until the 24th to play in this fun challenge.  Hugs..

****************


Supplies:
Stamps: Pinefeather Press "Ways to say Thinking of You"
Paper: Strathmore Bristol.  SU Whisper White 100# card base.
Inks: Distress Oxide Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber and Carved Pumpkin.  Versafine
black.
Accessories: Magenta "Large Daisy" stamp.  Penny Black "Leaf Stitched Frames" die. MISTI. SU Clear EB Powder. White Craft Foam. Gina K Connect Glue.


25 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I love the effect of the paper towel transfer technique and the leaf stitched border is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color transferred so well to the card stock from the paper towel. I love the vibrant colors and beautiful daisy stamp. I didn't realize I wasn't following you, so I fixed that today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you are following me Brenda. TFS your comment too:-) Hugs..

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Nancy!! I just love your vivid yellow background with the texture look from your papertowel, and how perfect your daisy looks against it! One of these days I'm going to have to break down and get those PB frames too...just love them!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would Love the die cut leaf frames, Marcia. I was so pleased with my paper towel background and the stamped daisy:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  4. Nancy, wonderful effect with the paper towel, your daisy really pops against the soft yellows. Love that die cut frame, like Marcia you are really making me want those frame dies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my new Magenta Large daisy with the PT background, Christine. TFS your cards using this wonderful stamp. You really inspired me to buy this stamp and other Magenta products. We do enable each other, don't we? Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  5. Bright and beautiful, Nancy. Incredible job with the paper towel transfer technique... the paper pattern is so clear. Fabulous framing once again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trina. I was so pleased with how my technique turned out and credit Loll's video with my success:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  6. The colours and that wonderful stamp look amazing Nancy x. Love the technique with the paper towel and the water colour effect of the daisy is so perfect with it. Stunning card my friend x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mac. I am loving this technique. Hugs...

      Delete
  7. Nancy, you have done it again... totally mastered the technique AND featured the most extraordinary flower! I think I might try this again - maybe intentionally making an inky mess to clean up with that paper towel? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That technique works well too, Michele. Can't wait to see what you design. Thanks for your sweet comment. Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  8. This has to be one of my all-time favourites of your cards, Nancy! Love those happy summer colours of the background, with the darker orange of the sunflower over them. Layering the two leaf-stitched frame dies adds just the right amount of texture and dimension, and the white sentiment strip balances everything perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet and thoughtful comment, Susan. I agree, this card is one of my all time favorites too:-) Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  9. A perfect background for this sunny, cheerful daisy, Nancy! All these elements look made for each other! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a happy summery card, Nancy! I love it!! The texture of the paper towel adds so much interest to the background. The orange daisy looks fantastic! The position of the daisy and the color weight are well thought-out. And of course, the lovely double leaf framing completes the card beautifully. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you nailed this! Had to watch the video- never heard of this technique! I don't use Paper towels, just washable rags...maybe I have to change this....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Nancy - the paper towel has given an amazing background to that awesome flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Nancy! love that print you achieved from your paper towel - and how lovely are those die cut frames! Nice choice of colors for your flower stamping too - so pretty over the yellow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a brilliant background Nancy and the texture of the paper towel shows up beautifully, and further enhanced by that gorgeous large daisy in the complementary orange shade and the die cut patterned frames really finish the card perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning, Nancy! I can't stop staring at this gorgeous sunny textured card!! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Nancy! Love the bright yellow from the paper towel transfer. That orange watercoloured daisy really stands out ... so pretty! And the leafy frames really add something special. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing result Nancy and the flower stamped over just makes it perfection! Those colours together are so cheerful..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy