Thursday, July 20, 2017

Christmas in July Tissue Paper

My 4th card for this month's CAS Mix Up Tissue Challenge :-)  But celebrating Christmas this time!



Using Stamping, Alcohol Ink Acrylic Tissue Paper, Die Cuts


Who would guess that tissue paper techniques could be so much fun and creative :-) Not only I am loving the creativity and all my finished cards using my stack of tissue paper backgrounds,  but...our wonderful DT and GD Sue  are too.  And...our Gallery is growing daily!!!

My card was so easy.  I die cut the corner of  my card front using my Tim Holtz Sizzix Mixed Media Christmas Die set.  There are 2 more dies in the set for more future Christmas cards.

Next I placed my Alcohol Ink Acrylic Tissue Paper background from my stash behind the die cut card front.  Then I die cut SU Cucumber Crush CS using the same die again and inlaid the green leaves.  Worked great.

Next I die cut the Merry using a scrap piece of my background and stamped the christmas.  I plan to make more of these cards for Christmas.  I love the CAS design and still have plenty of Christmas colored backgrounds in my stash :-)

Here is the link to my 1st tissue paper card using the same background technique.  It has the detailed steps if you are interested.  

I am adding my card to a couple of Christmas in July Challenges.....

CAS Usual Fridays CFC 178 Christmas in July 


Christmas Card Challenge..CCC #17 Inspiration Photo or anything Christmas

Enjoy and you still have until the 24th to play along with our CAS Mix Up Challenge.  Hope you get to play along.  Hugs..


Supplies: 
Stamps: SU Holly Jolly Greetings
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White and Cucumber Crush
Inks: Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink: Watermelon. Pinata Alcohol ink: Senorita Magenta. SU Cucumber Crush.
Accessories: Craft Mat, Foil, Blending Fluid, Acrylic Sheets, Golden's Gel Medium, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, White Tissue Paper, SU Fine Tip Glue Pen.

20 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! I LOVE that die-cut poinsettia card front. I have a few cut from our time together in May. Looking forward to making them into cards. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the stained glass look of the poinsettias. I wish it showed up better in the photo. Can't wait to see what you design my friend. I am still using backgrounds and die cuts from our fun, fun retreat. I sure do miss you girls. Hugs..

      Delete
  2. This is stunning Nancy. I wanted to thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on the Time Out blog....it means so much and we hope you get to play along x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!! I just love the die-cut in the corner. The background you created with the alcohol inks is stunning. I'm so glad you shared your creation with everyone over at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love how you used the tissue paper / acrylic background behind that wonderful die - I will be CASEing this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your CASE'd card my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh so very pretty. Love the vibrant pink and how you've taken it across to the die cut sentiment. Isn't this tissue technique fun and there is so much you can do with it? Thank you so much for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful use of the die and how brilliant your tissue paper background is. This could not be more beautiful, Nancy! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy looks so pretty, great way of using your tissue paper background. Time for me to pull this die out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty Christmas card, Nancy! I love the beautiful colors of the poinsettia, and the sentiment! The way you used the die-cut (only on the top-left corner) is so elegant. Cucumber Crush complements the tissue paper color so well! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely card at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that die cut, Nancy! It's so pretty with your red tissue paper background! Never too early to start on those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of your colored tissue behind the die cut Nancy - what a lovely Christmas card! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful! Love the die cut poinsettia corner and will be curious to see more with the set. Beautiful shaded tones on the "merry". Getting a head start on Christmas is always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, this is just gorgeous, Nancy ... seems as though those bold poinsettia are positively glowing against the crisp white ... delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very on-trend Christmas card Nancy - just love the color popping through your die cut and your coordinated sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This just made me smile from ear to ear, Nancy! It's bright and cheerful!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Nancy! I love your bold color palette and stunning design...a real treat for your recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and elegant card, love the colors and die cutting! Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so gorgeous mf...love the red and white and the elegant feel it has!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy