Thursday, September 15, 2022

CAS Mix Up Stencil Gesso Challenge Reminder

Time for our CAS Mix Up Stencil Gesso Challenge Reminder . You are going to LOVE all the creative and beautiful CAS Gesso stenciled cards by our talented design team! 
Thank you Hilary for a fun and creative challenge!

Beautiful cards in our gallery by our talented followers too😄


Here are awesome Gesso tutorial Videos chosen by Hilary

Video Tutorials:
Creative Ways to Use Gesso by Tiffany Sorlario (7:04)
Distress Oxide Gesso Resist with a Twist by Gerry van der Velden (11:35)
Gesso Resist by Kim Schofield (6:11)
Gesso Resist Background by Eileen Godwin (31:02)
Lavinia Stamps and A Gesso Resist by Eileen Godwin (first 12 minutes)

My Reminder Gesso card.  I had so much fun with this technique.

I am Loving Hilary's CAS Mix Up Stenciling with Gesso Challenge:-)
Thank you again Hilary for such a fun and easy technique. 
I will definitely be using this Emboss Resist Gesso technique again!

I used ARTplorations "Bold Florals Slimline Stencil" for the Gesso technique.
I used masking tape to tape the stencil onto Fabriano 140# Cold Press watercolor paper.
Then used the same Emboss Resist technique that I used on my Gesso Launch Card.
I was again inspired by Eileen Godwin's Video.

Added a little Golden's Gesso white acrylic paint onto my glass mat.
Then used TH Sponge to add a thin amount of the Gesso thru the stencil,
using Eileen's technique.  That gave me smooth white flower petals. Let dry.
Removed and washed the stencil immediately in warm soapy water.

Next replaced stencil and used Altenew Mini Blending Brushes to add Distress Oxide
Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick and Shaded Lilac and removed stencil.

Tip: I could not wipe off all the stray inks from the Gesso flower petals so I replaced the stencil and added another thin layer of Gesso, which took care of ALL the stray 
inks on the white petals!

Next die cut the image with Memory Box Circle Stitched Die and die cut a
2nd larger circle from SU Basic White 110# Cardstock.

Popped up main image with craft foam and attached with Connect Glue to the
white larger circle.  Attached main image circles to SU So Saffron card base.

Added die cut CUTplorations "Smile" that is double layered for extra thickness
and added stamped with Archival Jet Black ink  Altenew "Label Love" Hello and Done!

I loved how this card Pops and the bright White flower petals and die cut Smile
against the bright yellow card base.  Hope you do too:-)

You still have until the 24th to play along.  Such a fun and easy Gesso Technique.

Love and Hugs,


Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew "Label Love" hello.
Inks: Distress Oxides: Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick and Shaded Lilac.  Archival Jet Black.
Paper: Fabriano 140# Cold Press Watercolor paper.  SU Basic White 110# and So Saffron.
Accessories: Golden's Acrylic Gesso.  ARTplorations Bold Florals Slimline Stencil.  CUTplorations Smile Die.  Memory Box Stitched Circle Dies. Craft Foam. Connect Glue. Altenew Mini Blending Brushes. 



.                                                                              
                                                                    

17 comments:

  1. Love those soft pastel colors Nancy! It's so ethereal looking. Great blend of colors too and what a fun technique to do with that fabulous stencil. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, the softness of your background is so pretty. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just gorgeous, I love those soft flowers and colours that are beautifully enhanced by the bold yellow card base. I agree, I will definitely be using gesso more often with my stencils. Thanks for explaining so clearly how you made this beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary for hosting such a fun Challenge! I have been loving the CAS cards our DT, GD and followers have been making:-) Love and hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  4. I love this sweet daisy, Nancy - and your wonderful yellow card! It just makes the flower's center pop!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to add more gesso to the flowers, Nancy! I need to remember that. Love the colors you've used with these sweet flowers and your layout is the perfect way to display them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And...It was such an easy fix:-) I LOVED your sparkly poinsettia with the black background!!! Hugs...

      Delete
  6. So very gorgeous! I love the beautiful colours which remind me of Spring! Also a fabulous CAS design! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the soft color blending around your daisies, Nancy. Great tip about using gesso again to clean up the inking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful white gesso stenciled blooms Nancy with the soft colors around it - lovely die cut in the circle and with the white die cut sentiment against the colored card base! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous soft colours Nancy, and love the colour combo on the framing. BTW thanks for my BD card I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew when I made the card it would be perfect for my mixed media loving and very creative friend, Christine :-) Have you used the Joseph's Coat Technique? Hugs..

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card, Nancy! I love the white flowers with the pretty surrounding colors! What a neat technique, using the gesso as a resist. I finally got around to trying it! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your beautiful card Nancy! Such lovely colours with the soft gesso'd flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any receiver of this happy card will smile, Nancy! Your white gesso'd flowers are so pretty against the soft colors in the background. The second gesso stenciling made the flowers beautifully pop. I love the color choice for the card base, making it tie to the center of the flowers. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowie, Nancy! Took me long enough to get here, but glad I finally made it over to see this amazingly fun and pretty card! It just really appeals to me. The colors, the texture, the flower stencil and die cut smile... love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy