Monday, January 10, 2022

CAS Christmas Card Challenge January Silver and Gold

The DT and Guest Designer have Gorgeous card designs.


Here is my card inspired by Hideko's CAS beauty using a textured DP
and Marcia's card using die cut Tim Holtz trees:-) 

My Close Up showing the true Silver and Gold colors.

 The shine distorted the colors. Gorgeous Silver and Gold colors IRL!

I used an old retired Stampin' Up Specialty Textured Glossy Paper with a silver leaf 
design and splatters of gold on the glossy white paper.
I die cut the paper with the dies from Sizzix Tim Holtz "Woodlands" (660978) Die set.

I die cut a 2nd time the larger tree on the left with SU Basic White 100# CS and 
attached to first layer with Connect Glue for a thicker image.

Set both trees aside.  Then cut a piece of SU cardstock from
a retired SU Christmas DSP to ground the trees.  It was glossy paper 
with gold and white stripes.

Then glued the trees to the card front with Connect Glue.
Note:  the glue smudges on the gold stripe does not show in the close up photo
 or in real life!

I used a scrap of gold foil cardstock that I had dry embossed 
with SU Subtle EB Folder for the CUTplorations "Christmas Sentiments 
Dies".   I die cut Joyful and cut off the ful and attached "Joy" with glue and Done!

I LOVED how my beautiful shiny CAS Silver and Gold card 
turned out...because of the inspiration by Hideko and Marcia:-)
Thank you girls and thank you,  Julie for hosting this wonderful challenge.!

Happy New Year and Thank you for inspiring us to start our 2022 Christmas Cards.
Love and Hugs,
Nancy

If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the subscription form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add sw1subscribers@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.


Supplies:
Stamps: None
Paper: SU Basic White 100#.  Retired SU Specialty Paper and Christmas DSP.  Tonic Gold Foil. 
Inks: None.
Accessories: Sizzix Tim Holtz Woodland Dies. SU Subtle Dry EB Folder. Connect Glue. 


27 comments:

  1. Beautiful shine and shimmer from your gold and silver! Love those die cut trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and very elegant. The touches of shimmer from the foiling design on the paper are so pretty as the light catches them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Nancy. The trees are beautiful with the touches of glimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such gorgeous, elegance mf....love it
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell short of my goal last year for the seniors, Nancy - but could count on the CAS Christmas gals to give me a boost to try harder!
    Your trees [finally got that die set!] are phenomenal! The papers you had in your stash couldn't have worked more perfectly, Nancy! GORGEOUS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, your card is stunning, the trees are beautiful and I love how you grounded them! thank you so much for joining us and playing along, we LOVE seeing your creations in the gallery! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Nancy! This is my favorite Tim Holtz die. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous CAS design, Nancy! It went straight to my favorites for 2022! Thanks for the inspiration, always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will never tire of seeing that beautiful tree and in those wonderful shimmery papers it never looked better! Gorgeous card, Nancy. I must pull mine out again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, what a clever idea. the effect is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Nancy! Great job capturing the gorgeous shine in your second photo. I’m trying to cut back on buying more and use my massive NBUS stash, but you’re making me want these tree dies. πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

    Sending you happy new year hugs and love. Trina πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had the perfect paper for this challenge, Nancy! I love how it adds the shine to these pretty trees! A great idea to use both trees to double the shine! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Nancy! Love the design on your trees ... it really stands out. And I love the gorgeous paper used to ground your trees. Amazing work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous trees Nancy, thanks for the inspiration and reminder to use the :) Love the card and thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW ....that designer paper looks amazing and the leaves on it sure do shine. The die cut trees look fabulous and I am so glad that the glue did not show on the card Nancy. Such an eye catching and a real stunner of a card x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Magnificent, Nancy! The paper you used for the trees was wonderful with its shine and gold leaf images. I have that die and Marcia inspired me to pull it out (when I get back home) and now I have your card to reference too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Nancy! Don't you just LOVE those TH trees?!! Definitely one of my favorite tree dies that I reach for over and over again each year!! I'm loving all the shine from your silver and gold and I can just imagine how much shinier it is in real life!! Thanks so much for the shout out and for playing along with us this month at CAS Christmas!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia for your sweet comment. I was feeling bad about not using my TH favorite Tree Dies in 2021. Your card really inspired me to get my dies out and I LOVED how they turned out. I will probably make a few duplicates..such an easy CAS design:-) It is so much fun sharing and being inspired by our CAS Mix Up girl friends:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous card, Nancy! I love all the shimmer and shine on your trees! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is wonderful Nancy! I love how you cut the trees out of glossy patterned paper and paired it with a coordinating stripe. Silver and gold are just great together aren't they! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, my, I'm in awe, Nancy! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share IRL on our next visit. How did you like the Fresh Big Eggs? So nice to sit outside in the sun and visit:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

      Delete
  21. Your trees are so pretty cut out of your silvery patterned paper Nancy - and grounded with the silver strips! thanks for joining in my CAS Christmas challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nancy, such a pretty and elegant silver and gold card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunning silver and gold tree card, Nancy! I love the silver shine you see here and there at random on the trees, the sophisticated design, and the dimension of the tree and the sentiment. You captured the metallic shine very well in the picture. I'm always happy to see your cards in the CAS Christmas gallery. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my sweet friend for your thoughtful comment. It is so much fun to share:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy