Tuesday, September 15, 2020

CAS Mix Up September Embossing with Dies Reminder

Oh my,  already time for our CAS Mix Up September Embossing with Dies Reminder
hosted by the talented Joanna.  Our Design Team and Guest Designer Mac have
wonderful inspiring CAS Card designs to inspire you.

You still have until the 24th to play along.  We would love to 
see your creative designs.  Be sure and check out the videos that Joanna
provided on our CAS Mix Up home page.


My Embossed with CUTplorations Christmas Icons: Christmas Tree #2 CAS Card.
I used Embossing with Dies, Stamping, Watercoloring and Washi Tape.
I was so pleased that the design in my head actually turned out:-)

I cut a piece of SU Whisper White 100# CS 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".
Added the SU retired Washi Tape 1st.
Next Embossed the middle tree using the Christmas Tree #2 Die.

for my sandwich when I Embossed my die cut Christmas Trees .
The sandwich started at 5:07.  The entire video though is worth viewing.

My sandwich: SU Big Shot Platform,  Clear Plate,  Cardstock with Die 
(attach with washi tape),  which I turned over onto the Clear Plate and then added the 
thin Blue Silicone mat and White Plate top layer.
   
Next I put sandwich thru Big Shot.  It feels like there is no pressure 
on sandwich,  but remove the sandwich from Big Shot and 
you will see the Embossed image.

I added 2 more embossed trees and then had fun watercoloring the middle tree
with Distress Oxide:"Peeled Paint" using glass mat and water brush.
 
Used MISTI to stamp the STAMPlorations "Homespun Christmas" sentiments.
Added SU Basic Black Cardstock behind main image for a narrow frame.
Popped up main image with White Craft Foam and attached to 
5" x 5" card base and Done!

I was very pleased with my CAS Embossed with Die 
Christmas Card design.  Always happy to add to my Christmas Card Stash:-)

We would love to have you join us at CAS Mix Up Embossing with Dies!
Love and Hugs..



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Homespun Christmas" sentiments
Paper: SU Whisper White 100#,  Black Basic CS
Inks: Distress Oxide: Peeled Paint.  Archival Jet Black
Accessories: CUTplorations Christmas Icons: Christmas Tree #2.  SU (ret) Washi Tape.  water brush, White Craft Foam.

20 comments:

  1. A brilliant Christmas card Nancy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels so good when your idea turns out how you imagined it. That tree looks great embossed like that, love the colour on the central tree. I do hope you aren't being affected too badly by the fires where you live. They look just terrifying and devastating xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is fun. The strip of pattern paper trees in harmony with the die embossed trio. Highlighting just one and keeping the same colour tone makes for a beautiful cohesive Christmas card. The black sentiment and black matting were the perfect touch too. Thanks so much for playing along dear Nancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful technique that I never think of - yours looks great, Nancy. Love your cute sentiment fonts and watercoloring. Fun card. I watched the video - thanks for the link. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous job you did on this technique. I can’t imagine painting that tree as neatly as you did! I love that two were kept white and only the middle one has color. Thanks for the video. I never succeeded at this but didn’t have the right pad and plate. Now I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had exactly the same issue..not the right sandwich. Now that I have it figured out, I want to try more often. Do love these challenges for giving us the push to try new techniques:-) How are you doing my friend? Hope you are enjoying creative time:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy L

      Delete
  6. Wonderful tiny forest of Christmas trees, Nancy!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful scene making and amazing effect with the dry embossing Nancy. A stunner of a card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your trio of embossed trees is beautiful Nancy! Love that you've painted the center tree. And perfect matching design for the bottom of your card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this Nancy! Great idea to colour the centre tree. Fabulous design:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these little trees and how you've embossed the three and colored the center one! A wonderful Christmas design, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great row of trees Nancy, awesome job of colouring the die embossed image. I would just make such an aweful mess :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Christmas card ..... great job with the tree die xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how this turned out, Nancy! Your embossing shows up beautifully and looks great with the two white trees flanking the green. Perfect Washi tape to go with the trees. I love this technique now that I watched one of the videos and have a sandwich that works better for it. Really stretches your dies... not that I don't have plenty of everything, sheesh, but it's fun! Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can join us, Leslie. You have soooo many amazing dies to choose from...We had .3 of an inch of rain showers today:-) The air feels so fresh and clean:-) I walked this a.m. with an umbrella...1st time in months:-) Thank you for your sweet comment, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

      Delete
  14. Such a bonus when ideas come to fruition. Wonderful design. Great job embossing the trio of trees. I’m amazed at your watercoloring of the middle one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful trio of Christmas trees, Nancy! You got the dry embossed marks so clearly. Coloring only the center tree keeps the card CAS, and using the color & pattern-matching washi tape to ground the embossed trees is a great idea! The black matte adds definition and gives the card a complete feeling. Thanks for sharing, my friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your thoughtful comment, my friend. I started with the Washi Tape and went from there. It was a fun Christmas card to design using the wonderful die embossed tree technique. Love and Hugs, Nancy

      Delete
  16. It's fabulous! I love those trees and the watercolour is so neat and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job with the embossed and painted image Nancy, a beautiful Christmas design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy