Sunday, July 22, 2018

Twofer July Card Challenge Beverage



You still have until the 24th to play along.

My Twofer Coffee Mug cards!

Close up of 1st card using 4 1/4" Square Format.

I stamped my STAMPlorations "Holiday Mug" designed by Shirley of Bee's Knees 
using Archival black ink onto a piece of Splash Technique that I had in my stash. 
Then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I had used the Splash Technique on Arches 140# Cold Press watercolor paper.
I had used greens, blues and yellow Distress Oxides.
I love the color combo.

I then fussy cut the mug with my papersnips 
and watercolored the coffee section with DOX Walnut Stain ink.

Next I stamped the sentiment using MISTI and
shaped mug with bone folder and attached with dimensionals to a layer 
of cold press paper for added texture.  

Adding a thin frame of SU Cucumber Crush CS and
popped up with fun foam onto SU Very Vanilla Thick CS card base and Done!

Close up of 2nd card using SU retired Designer Series Papers.

After purging my craft room,  I was determined to use DSP's and CS from my supplies.

My 1st card I used CS and this card I used Christmas DSP's from 2 different
retired SU designs.  Hardly made a dent,  but...heh,  at least I am using!

I love Cherry Cobbler and Crumbcake for Christmas Colors.
I even used ribbon...oh my!!!

I stamped the Holiday Mug onto the DSP using Archival black ink.
Colored the coffee section with SU Chocolate Chip marker.
Added Wink of Stella and SU rhinestones to the snowflakes and attached
mug to fun foam and set aside.

Next die cut the polka dot Christmas DSP with PB Antique Frame Die and 
die cut fun foam with same die and attached to each other.

Added SU retired Cherry Cobbler ribbon to background and added another
small die cut frame with the DSP and attached stamped sentiment.

Attached popped up main image to SU Whisper White Thick CS card base
and attached mug and done!

Pleased with the results and happy to have another Christmas card for my stash.

I am adding my 1st card to this months CAS Watercolour Challenge...Splash Watercolouring.


Also STAMPlorations Anything Goes





Supplies:

Card #1
Stamps: STAMPlorations Winter Mug by Shirley and Literary Caffieine-Ations sentiment by Becca.
Paper: SU Very Vanilla Thick and Cucumber Crunch.  Arches 140# Cold Press.
Inks: T.H. Distress Oxides..green, blue and yellow.  Archival Jet Black. Versamark
Accessories: SU papersnips, clear EB powder. MISTI. Fun Foam, dimensionals

Card #2:
Stamps: STAMPlorations Warm Hands Warm Hearts.
Paper:  SU Whisper White Thick and retired Designer Series Papers.
Accessories: Penny Black Antique Frame Dies.  SU Cherry Cobbler ret ribbon.  SU Rhinestones.  Clear Wink of Stella. Fun Foam.

18 comments:

  1. These really are terrific Nancy! I can almost imagine that warm cup in my hand on a cold winter day! Love your color combinations particularly with the Oxides but I'm also fond of neutrals. Great cards for the Two- Fer Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great twofer! Love the sentiment on the first one! And your comment about using dsp from your stash on the Christmas one made me laugh as I made a New Year's resolution to use dsp on one card a week - I've failed miserably! But I love that pretty polka dot dsp you used so maybe I'll be inspired to get some out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shirley's stamps and this mug looks just like what a person would always use as their favorite for curling up with a good book or for hot cocoa on a Christmas morning opening presents! You've done a grand job of showcasing it on both card designs, Nancy! Your splashed Oxides look so pretty in those colors! I commend you for using your PP and ribbon from your stash and it goes so well with your snowflake mug! You are inspiring after your purge - keep it going!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #7! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dolly, I was so pleased to be able to play in your fun challenge and get another Christmas card done for my stash and make a tiny dent in my DSP stash:-) Hugs...

      Delete
  4. LOVE your two coffee cards Nancy! The first one is so pretty with the splashed design on the mug and fantastic sentiment. The second is so sweet! Love the Christmas DSPs and the ribbon ... great work using some of your stash of papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. really fun cards mf....
    well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving both your cards Nancy!! Your splashed mug is sooo pretty...wish I had an actual mug just like that! With the same sentiment on it too!! And your Christmas mug warms my heart...I love that SU! DSP you used in the background...it really makes your snowflake mug pop! Two delightful cards my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these coffee mugs, Nancy! I especially love the sentiment on the first! Nothing better than a hot cup of coffee and a good book! Two great cards and fantastic coffee mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't mind a mug in this fabulous splashed design... And the sentiment is also perfect for me! I am always kind of sad when a good book ends...
    The second one is a great holiday card! Bravo for using some of your PP! Love both cards!
    Thanks for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and fabulus cards! Both so different too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Nancy and I love the book sentiment. It is so perfect for so many cards. Love that you have used dp from your stash too, making for your beautiful Christmas card. It is something we all should do probably, but speaking for myself, I never get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of the coffee mug on both of your fabulous cards. Especially love the fun technique on your first card x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a terrific use of that cute mug & it looks great with your splash w/coloring too. I love the walnut stain 'coffee' & especially that appropo sentiment - #2 is so pretty & festive with the pretty dots paper, and your ribbon adds a big dash to the design as well. Good for you on coming up with a 2fer this month! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your splashed mug looks so pretty with the additional dimension, Nancy! I feel like leisurely reading a good book and drinking coffee with this mug. I love the colors you used and the effect you achieved! The square shape adds cuteness!
    The Kraft mug and the polka dot dsp background is a great combination – the mug looks cozy and the background makes the card look so cheerful and Christmasy. The white and shiny snowflakes are a pretty accent!
    And most of all, I admire that you used all these pieces of retired CS, DSP, and even ribbon to make the charming twofers! You are a "purge" trendsetter! :-) Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling guilty for not some of my supplies forever! I have to admit...I still like CAS better, but I am trying. Thanks for your sweet and thoughtful comment my friend. Hugs...

      Delete
  14. Two terrific twofers, Nancy! Perfect use of the splash technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Nancy! Catching up after being away again. This is one busy summer! I didn't quite finish my twofer cards before we left, tsk tsk. Love the sentiment on the square card. It's perfect for so many of my friends, and for me. Love a good book and I can stretch a cup of coffee over a pretty long period. You turned that same mug into a really cute Christmas card, too. And ribbon! And DSP! Way to use your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two very different cards, both unique. A summertime beach one and a festive Christmas one, yup I am a coffee lover ...anytime is good ;-)
    I love both, great twofer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy