Friday, March 25, 2016

Watercoloring Block Thank You so much!

Earlier this year I took my 1st On Line Watercoloring Class.  It will not be my last.  Well worth the time and I continue to use one or more watercoloring techniques on all my card stamping.

I used Pelikan Watercolors, Zen Watercolor Brushes and Fluid 100 Hot Press Paper for my card.



I used Wet on Wet watercoloring for my blocks.  Drying between layers.  I then made wet ink splatters and added sequins on my die cut layer and added a black card stock frame popped up with dimensionals.

I do like how the Hot Press paper seems to add more vibrancy to the watercolor paints than Cold Press Paper.  Here is another photo of a Cold Press Paper sample using the same paint.




Thank you for looking at my newest blog addition.  My DH and I have been getting over a nasty flu bug so fun even just sharing 2 past projects.

Happy Easter to you and your family's!




9 comments:

  1. Awesome technique Nancy. Love the design with the black framing that enhances the other colours. Surprising how different the colours look on the watercolour papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful color block technique, Nancy! I didn't realize how different the colors react with hot press versus cold press. Love both though. Glad you're feeling better. Happy Easter to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you put together for the background! And thank you so much for posting the two versions showing the difference between hot press and cold press - I had no idea! Glad you're getting over the flu bug. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you posting again! And glad you are feeling better. This is a fun card and one that would be easy to do (I love easy when I am in a hurry). As the commenters above mentioned, thanks for showing the results with the two different watercolor papers. I had no idea. Each would be a good paper choice depending on the effect you want to achieve. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Nancy! I too love hot press and it stamps so much better! Hard to find though. Your design is fantastic and one I'd like to case! What pretty colors you chose too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite Hot Press is Arches and the most reasonably priced. Dick Blick is a good place to start or if you have a local "art" supply store :-) My favorite overall Watercolor paper is Arches 140# Cold Press. I would love if you shared your card. It is an easy design and versatile.

      Delete
  6. Look at all that wonderful color! I love hot press so much better and, yes, Dick Blick is a good source. Glad you're feeling better. I had pneumonia all month. ps: I sent a card to Kristi, too. Sending hugs to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been down 2 weeks and are slowly getting our energy back. Nasty stuff. Sorry you have been even sicker. Must be all the rain. Loving today's sunshine:-)
      We got your gorgeous and thoughtful card yesterday. Kristi will Love your card too. Thank you so much dear forever friend :-)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards, Nancy! Great to see the comparison of how the two papers reacted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy