Saturday, May 20, 2017

My 1st Distress Oxide Card!

I am a little late to the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Craze.....But...so worth the wait!



I used 6 Distress Oxide Ink Colors: Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Cracked Pistachio.   I sponged one ink at a time using my T.H. Blending Tool using a different sponge for each color,  so as not to contaminate my ink pads.  After several colors I spritzed with water and dried with my heat tool.  Then added more colors and spritzed again and dried.  It is amazing how all the colors show thru the layers and never make "mud"!

I wanted bigger splatter water drops,  so put water in my palm and dropped larger drops of water onto my piece.  I loved the results.

I then cut down my piece and used the extra for a die cut for a future card.  I made my background at our recent craft retreat in BC.   I borrowed a grass stamp that Christine had just received from her China order..no name sorry.  I stamped it with Black Stazon and added just one tiny die cut dragonfly, which was from Loll's Memory Box Dragonfly Stems Left Corner Die.

I finished my card at home adding the SU "You're a Gem" sentiment and Basic Black CS trim.  I mounted my image with 3D foam tape onto a SU Very Vanilla card front that I had die cut with CUTplorations "Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Dies".

Enjoy and hope you get a chance to play with the new Distress Oxide Inks too....

I am adding to CAS Mix Up May Splattering Challenge.  I added stamping + Splattering with water + Die Cuts.  The challenge ends on May 24th...


STAMPlorations Anything Goes..using at least one STAMPlorations Product..I used my die cut frame.



26 comments:

  1. I'm loving the water splats and the way you used my new stamp. Gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Christine for sharing your new stamp. We sure have fun my friend. Hugs..

      Delete
  2. Stunning coloring and splatter, Nancy! Beautifully blended colors are perfect for the silhouette, I love it! Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Hideko..Thank you so much for commenting on so many of my cards today :-) Hugs...

      Delete
  3. WOW! I love this, Nancy! Your background is gorgeous and that tiny dragonfly is perfect! I'll have to check out that die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree..the dragonfly is so sweet. There is a left and a right die. Loll brought her left die for us to share :-) Hugs...

      Delete
  4. Fabulous job on this Nancy! I've played with Oxides but have not yet created a background yet. Yours is fabulous! If I succeed half as good as you did, guess I will invest in a whole bunch of silhouette stamps. They are perfect on the colorful background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pleased..it was my 4th DOX background and only one I have finished so far. BTW, die cuts look great too on the backgrounds. I can't believe I used 6 colors and did not get mud...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your background, Nancy! I will have to try sponging and spritzing. Haven't done that yet with the DOX inks. Great job and just perfect with the black silhouette of grass. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks wonderful mf...now I REALLY need to get more colours for my collection...thats for enabling and inspiring!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful background, Nancy - great water splatters for extra interest. Perfect with the silhouette stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours together on your background are amazing. Amazing too that they don't make mud...I really must invest in them X thank you so much for the inspiration and sharing this wonderful card with us x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love DOX...you can use as pigment inks (heat embossing) and watercoloring techniques, etc. I need a lot more playing with mine. I ended up getting the entire set and so glad I did... Hugs..

      Delete
  10. What a great mix of DOX inks Nancy! love that sentiment, the colors you used and the wonderful water splatter!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia..your comment means so much as you are one of my very favorite mixed media artists. I sure had a heck of a time with the photo. It is even better IRL, but aren't all our creations..lol. The yellow glow is much more subtle IRL. Hugs..

      Delete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I love visiting here ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your background with the oxide inks looks amazing, Nancy! I thought the stamp was a die cut at first. So crisp and perfect. Love how you added the dragonfly die cut, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting results with all those colours. It turned out beautifully. Love the black accent too, it really gives the feeling of the sun setting. Good job xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats Nancy, your gorgeous use of oxide inks is amazing, considering your first go. I just love my oxide inks and the mud look never appears and like with you am happy with them. Amazing. The black stamping sure sets this off...like Leslie said, I took, thought it was a die.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is another thing I love about the DOX's...You can stamp over them beautifully...even on watercolor paper :-) Thanks again for your thoughtful comment. Hugs..

      Delete
  15. Nancy I have a few Oxide inks to add to my collection ... thanks for the beautiful introduction to a few! Gorgeous!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michele, I was only going to get a few until I started seeing all the beautiful card samples (esp. on videos) using all the colors and so finally just ordered them all and I am so glad I did. You will see more samples soon! Thanks for your comment too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that bg, Nancy. Great colors and effect. Wow. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, thanks...I am loving my DOX inks :-) Did you see that I signed up to make a sample for your DTGD challenge in July? I have one also on the same day. Will be fun to play together my friend :-) Hugs..

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy