Sunday, April 16, 2017

CAS Watercolour April Green and Pink Challenge Reminder

It is already time for our CAS Watercolour April Green and Pink Challenge Reminder. You still have until April 24th to play along :-)



I played with my new STAMPlorations "Framed Solitary Rose" stamp.  After stamping my image I used watercolour layering with my Gansai Tambi pan watercolors.



I placed a piece of Arches Hot Press 140# watercolor paper in my MISTI securing with my Creative Corners and then stamped my Framed Solitary Rose using Versafine pigment ink.  I heat set before starting my watercolouring using layers of Gansai Tambi pan watercolours making sure each layer was dry before adding more paint with my #4 paint brush.  I left my image in my MISTI until I was finished with my colouring.  I used Dark Pink and Ocean Green colours.  I added a watercolour wash using diluted SU Smoky Slate on my rose background. The last step was misting with shimmery spray made with Tsukineko Frost white paint and water.

Letting my image dry in my MISTI keeps the layer nice and flat.  I removed my main image and trimmed along the stamped black border.   I then die cut a SU Shimmery White paper border layer using my new CUTplorations ATC Tag Builder Die,  which has a cool beveled edge.  Used SU Whisper White paper for my CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Die Cut border.

Next I stamped my Birds of Paradise sentiment in my MISTI using Versafine black ink and then attached each layer.  My Card base is SU Whisper White Thick CS.  My main image was popped up using 3M foam tape.  I love the Clean and Simple design and hope you do too.

Do come and play along with us at CAS Watercolour Green and Pink and be sure and check out all the beauties from our Design Team and Guest Designer, Marcia (marciakdesigns).  Happy Springtime Stamping..Hugs..


More challenges.....







25 comments:

  1. Your rose is gorgeous, Nancy. Such a great idea to heat embossed the background so you can easily add a wash. I bet this is sparkly in real life with your shimmer spray over top. Thanks for the tip about leaving your watercoloured panel secured in the misti to dry for a flatter panel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip too x Such a classy card and loving the pop of vibrant pink.The layering really makes that pretty rose stand out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful rose, Nancy! I love all the white layers that let it take center stage! Gorgeous, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, this is fantastic! Love the newsprint behind your beautiful rose! Beautifully designed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, the newsprint is part of the stamped image and so is the frame. Such a fun and easy image to use as a main image. Thanks for commenting my friend. hugs...

      Delete
  5. Love that stamp - makes it so easy to incorporate text! I must look for it. Beautiful watercolouring on the rose - love the vibrant pink on the outer petals and the paler pink on the inner ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I did add the link to the rose stamp in my post. I now have the framed tulips and dogwoods too. I have the framed poinsettia on my wishlist for Christmas and/or Winter carda:-) So fun to color and make a quick and easy CAS card. I have the other stamps colored to use in the future :-) Hugs...

      Delete
  6. A stunning image of spring Nancy and so beautifully coloured and designed with the print BG. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stamp and watercoloring, Nancy! Good idea about letting it dry in the MISTI. I just love all that wonderful white space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great stamp, just love the newsprint background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous image, and so beautifully watercoloured <3 I love the layers which add even more visual interest while maintaining that crisp white background for a perfect CAS feel - a really awesome job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB-u-LOUS make and image - and LOVING your pop of colour too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Nancy! That lovely water-colouring against the black text really pops! Have a great day!Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful Nancy...your pink rose just pops and makes the whole design appealing and pretty...
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is beautiful! I love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That image is glorious Nancy! The text on the background of that stamp looks fab with only a wash of light grey - it really makes the vibrant rose pop. Beautiful work. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the layers and then that beautifully coloured rose on the top. A really fresh and pretty card Nancy. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Nancy, this is gorgeous. Love the framed rose for sure! Your white layers on the background are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this modern look card. Thanks to the colors ... it looks crystal :-)
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great stamp Nancy - and I love the vibrant pink you colored the rose! Beautiful white framings around it! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the layers and all of the framing! Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Challenges!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful design Nancy. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy