Saturday, September 1, 2018

CAS Mix Up Ink Stamps with Markers

Time for our CAS Mix Up September Challenge: 
Ink Stamps with Markers hosted by Bonnie.

Be sure and read the introduction by Bonnie.


There are  gorgeous samples by our DT and awesome GD,
Chrissie (Simply One of a kind).

There are also several videos with different techniques.
I used the Stamped Watercolor Flowers by K. Werner using Zigs.

My card using Zigs to color and then stamp my image + Stamping + Die Cutting

I received this Gorgeous Penny Black "Blossom Branch" stamp from my dear friend, 
Loll when at our BC Retreat.  Thank you again my friend:-)

I placed the stamp in my MISTI, then had fun
 inking up the stamp with
my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then stamping on Mixed Media paper.

The MISTI makes it possible to easily restamp your image
until you have the coverage you want.

I used my water brush to move the ink around for blending.  
It is important to move the ink after each stamping before ink dries.

I started by coloring all the green leaves and blending,
then the red flowers one petal at a time and then blending.

Next the blue flowers and blending with water brush.
I find the Mixed Media paper makes the ink move and blend easily with the water brush.

When my image was finished I die cut with Penny Black Antique Frame Die.
Die cut fun foam with same die to give a shadow effect behind image.
Attached to SU Whisper White Thick CS card base and Done!

Cool Tip from Video
If using new stamp (rubber or acrylic) ink with Archival Jet Black ink
and then rub off ink.  Your Zigs ink does not bead up then.
It is worth watching the video for that tip:-)

You have until the 24th to play along with our new CAS Mix Up Challenge.

Happy early Fall stamping, my friends.  Hugs...
Adding to...
Penny Black Saturday Sept. Anything Goes.


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Blossom Branch and Happy Snippets
Paper: SU Whisper White Thick card base.  Strathmore Mixed Media paper.
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:Orange, Carmine Red, Wine Red, Cornflower Blue, Deep Green.
Accessories: Penny Black Antique Frame Die. SU Aqua Painter. MISTI. Red Orange Fun Foam.



25 comments:

  1. A beautiful watercolor look to your stamping Nancy - love the bright vivid colors you used - love the little bit of red fun foam sticking out around the edges of your funky cut panel! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So vibrant and love the colours of those pretty flowers. A very striking card with a fun technique and love the shadow effect from the foam too. Great card my friend X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this stamp and haven't inked it yet. Thanks for the tip on inking first with Archival ink. I'll try to remember that! And thanks for the inspiration for coloring this stamp to be such a beautiful image! Love the red and blue flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and bright colours for your flower stem Nancy! Love the red, white and blue! The zigs add lots of saturated colours which really makes this image pop against the white background. Great idea to add red backing for a shadow for your frame. Adds a little somethin' extra! And great tip about inking stamps with Archival ink before using zigs. Will have to remember that! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only have to add Archival black ink to brand new solid stamps, but really works great. Thank you again Loll for this beautiful PB stamp and your sweet comment. Hugs...

      Delete
  5. Stunning and gorgeous colours. Thanks for the tip re new stamps..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I recognize that beautiful card!! It is so much for stunning in person and I'm blessed and happy to own it! Thank you for the tip!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome, my friend. I am so glad you like it in real life. Hugs..

      Delete
  7. Love the blue and red of the flowers - so vibrant! And great idea to have a bit of the red fun foam peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Nancy and it has gone to a lovely lady!
    The techniques are so perfectly executed!
    Gorgeous card!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mean WOW, your colours are so vibrant and I, too, love this stamp. Red and Blue always works perfectly together, especially in your bouquet. Love that you repeated the red in die cut behind the white. Adds so much to the framing of this beauty. Thanks for the Archival Tip too, have to give it a try xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Nancy! You achieved such bright and vivid colours. Love the deckled frame. Thanks for the stamp conditioning tip, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job with this technique, Nancy! I noticed you even got shadows in there. This is a favorite technique of mine but it's not always easy. You did a spectacular job with this and love your frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, Nancy! I love that the vivid colors beautifully pop against the white panel. The Deep Green is a great choice for the stems and leaves to balance with the bright colors of the flowers (red and blue). You did a fantastic job with moving the ink around for blending. The fun foam shadow effect is a very nice touch too! Thanks for sharing the tips! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not have made this card without my MISTI and water brush. I find this technique challenging, but practice does help. Thank you for your sweet comment, my friend. Hugs..

      Delete
  13. Such as stunner Nancy, your flowers are beautiful and the leaves are so perfect. Great framing with the shadowing of the die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! What an amazing result you got and so beautiful!! It's not something that I have tried but I doubt I would ever get such terrific results... Brilliant Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty and vibrant, Nancy! I'd never heard of using Zigs for this, and that's an interesting tip about the archival ink. I'll sometimes lightly sand new rubber stamps, but acrylic has been a challenge in a few cases. Penny Black sure has some gorgeous stamps. I like how you've got just a little bit of red peeking in the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty and very elegant looking Nancy...great results.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so very pretty Nancy. I just love the boldness of the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These bright, colorful flowers are beautiful. I also love that gorgeous PB antique frame die.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn’t this a gorgeous stamp?!! I love your vibrant red and blue flowers and the layered die cut panels! Thanks for sharing at the PBSC:) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card - that stamp is just fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning dear friend, just had to stop by to congratulate you on the PB shout out. I really meant WOW when I say this card, lotsa luv, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna, I was thrilled to be chosen for a Guest Designer spot in November:-) Thanks for the luv, my friend. Hugs...

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy