Tuesday, March 20, 2018

CAS Mix Up Acetate Dragonflies!

So pleased to play in our CAS Mix Up Acetate, Stamping and Your Choice Challenge!
Thanks again Susan for such a fun challenge!

I chose Alcohol Ink on Acetate + Stamping + Inlaid Die Cuts and Die Cuts!

We are still Celebrating CAS Mix Up's 2nd Birthday this month!
You have until the 24th to play along and possibly when a prize:-)


Here are my 2 cards using the negative and positives of 2 die cut Dragonfly corner images!



Here is my Friends Forever card!

My Lots of Love card!

I used the same supplies and techniques for both my cards.

I chose 2 pieces of Alcohol Ink on Acetate with Tissue backing from my background stash.  
One was a pretty green and the other a pretty blue background.

It can be a challenge when die cutting designs that have narrow pieces.  
I used a scrap piece of Arches 140# Cold Press as an extra shim when die cutting my MB "Dragonfly Stems Left Corner" Die. 

The extra thickness worked really well.  
Of course that was after  tossing my 1st try using my normal die sandwich.

I am sending you to my alcohol ink on acetate French Marigold Tissue Technique Card for the full description of my background.  Such a cool technique and you can never make just 1 background!

I dry embossed  a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Gemand Woodland 110# cardstock.  
Then die cut 1 dragonfly corner from the blue background saving all the tiny pieces.
Next die cut a 2nd corner from the green background, saving the pieces.

Then I die cut each woodland grain card front with the dragonfly corner die.
Next I attached the dry embossed backgrounds to my SU Thick Whisper White Card Bases

I used SU Fine Tip Glue Pen to add dots of glue inside the apertures.  
I placed the positive dragonfly images in 1st weighting down with my largest acrylic block.

When dry added the negative pieces.
Used the same technique on 2nd card.  It was a bit tedious,  but fun.  I used a toothpick to help move the glue around and had a baby wipe handy to wipe up extra glue.

I finished my cards by adding CUTplorations Dragonfly Die that I shaped with stylus
and popped up with dimensionals.  

Stamped my PB Happy Snippets sentiments using MISTI and Archival black ink and Done!

I was pleased with the results and happy to have 2 cards for my stash:-)

You have until the 24th to play along with us at March CAS Mix Up.
Be sure and check out the inspiring DT and our GD cards.  Hugs...


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black "Happy Snippets"
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White. Gemand Woodgrain CS 110#, White Tissue Paper
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  TH Alcohol Inks: Greens and Blue
Accessories: Acetate Sheets, Big Shot, Memory Box "Dragonfly Stems Left Corner" die, CUTplorations "Dragonfly Layering Dies", SU Fine Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, MISTI to repeat stamp sentiments on textured CS.
.

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous vibrant colours here Nancy. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... such eye catching cards and such a unique effect using those inlay dies. Amazing texture from the background card and the most beautiful cards, CAS perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the beautiful marbling on your acetate, Nancy . I did chuckle about the sandwich when cutting that die. I can sympathize with you too since I have that die and it can be tricky. What beautifully designed cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inlaid acetate dies - beautiful colours that are perfect for dragonflies! Thanks so much for doing more cards for the CMU challenge I'm hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy these cards are remarkable! I love the amazing paper you created with your alcohol ink!! Beautiful in every way : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dragonfly die with the acetate pieces and woodgrain! Great job of fitting those little pieces back in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Nancy, love the beautiful blues for your dragon fly scene and also love that wood grain embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you made a twofer, Nancy! It's so great to make two when you have the negative and positive elements on your desk! I love the colors and adore dragonflies, so these are both WOW to me!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure have me thinking of Twofer's more often, since you started your new awesome Twofer Challenge, my friend. Thank you! Hugs...

      Delete
  9. Those are the prettiest colors and ideal for your dragonflies. I sure love that wood grain paper, too. Love how this worked out for two cards. Might as well use them while they're cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Alcohol Ink on Acetate with Tissue background piece, Nancy! I love the pretty blue colors and the visual texture! And it's inlaid perfectly. The woodgrain background adds an organic feeling and matches the dragonflies well. I should have done my acetate die-cutting after reading our tips! Using a piece of cardstock as an extra shim sounds like the key to the clean cut for the narrow pieces. Thank you for your tips! I'll try it next time. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Hideko for your sweet comment. Your comments are always so thoughtful and appreciated. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE your creative design Nancy. The colours of the alcohol inks are so pretty on the acetate, and look amazing on both cards. Love the idea of swapping out the colour of the die-cut dragonflies and grass. Adding the the few sections with the AI pieces is so creative and artsy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous!! I love those dies... And the embossed BG is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting and eye-catching effect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spectacular cards! Adore them!
    When I told Hideko that I had a lot of trouble die cutting my sun from my tissue-backed acetate (finished it using scissors) she pointed me to your post and told me about using a piece of watercolor paper as a shim! I'll try that next time... Thanks for that tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy