Friday, February 16, 2018

CAS Watercolour Heart Reminder!

We have exciting News!
There is a New "CAS Christmas Card Challenge" in Blogland beginning March 3rd.  The challenge is also owned by Bonnie and Loll!  Be sure and click on the link for all the details:-)




CAS Watercolour Heart Reminder
If you need a late Valentine or a Heart card please join the fun.
More Gorgeous cards by our DT and talented GD Sue (Sue's Card Craft)


Here is the card I made for my DH, Denny using Cling Wrap Brushos Die Cut Heart!


I used this cling wrap background for my Die Cut Heart.
I used Purple and Scarlet Brushos.


I began by Dry EB the bottom of SU Thick Whisper White Card Base with SU Heart Border (ret).

Then die cut the Cling Wrap Heart using the SU "The Heart Collection" (ret).  Next I stamped the Cupid and Love You from SU "P.S. I love you" (ret) using my MISTI, so I could repeat stamp.

Then heat embossed the heart with SU Clear EB Powder to make the colors brighter and more shiny. 

Next I attached my heart to a SU Sizzix Large Paper Doily die cut out of SU Whisper White CS and attached both to my card front.  My heart just did not seem complete,
so I attached
a punched foil heart from my stash and the rhinestones from my stash.

Now my card looked finished and well balanced!

You still have until the 24th to join us at CAS Watercolour. 

With Love and Happy Valentines Day to you all!  XOXO!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU P.S. I Love You (ret)
Paper: SU regular and thick Whisper White. Strathmore Mixed Media for heart.
Inks: Brushos Purple and Scarlet. Archival Jet Black. Versamark.
Accessories: Saran Wrap. SU Hearts Collection and Large Paper Doily Dies (ret).  SU Dry EB hearts (ret). Rhinestones and punched heart from stash.

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Valentine! The doily gives it a lovely old-fashioned feel and the colours in your heart are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Denny loved this card! :) Gorgeous colours ... red and purple are AWESOME together, especially with the cling wrap technique. Adding the heat embossing really intensified the colours. Love it paired with the doily, dry embossed border hearts and that sweet, small foil heart. Great design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome technique! I wish I have more time to try it all! One day....once I won't be working anymore....Love those rich colors and the delicate background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Denny loved the card, especially with that awesome cling wrap background you used. Love your embossing and and your Doily frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this fabulous card in the challenge blog, I knew it would go to Denny! :-) He's a lucky man!
    I LOVE the beautiful cling-wrap BG heart. The colors and the visual texture are so romantic. I agree that adding the red foil mini-heart and the rhinestones gives a finished look to the card. When you look at the card closely, you find many elements, and yet it looks CAS as a whole - great design, my friend! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and so very vibrant Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, your gorgeous heart is perfectly set off by the doily. Still CAS but with the die cut and embossed border. Love that! The heat embossing of the heart really brought out all the richness of color, and the black for contrast makes it all the more vibrant. Love that little foil heart and the rhinestones, too. I'm looking forward to the new CAS Christmas card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mixed media heart - so pretty with your cool colors and patterns. This is a beautiful card, my friend. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely, rich colors on your Brusho background, my friend! Perfect for a masculine card! Love the added texture and dimension from the die cut doily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous background, Nancy. Love the dimensions. A lovely and sweet Valentine’s card., my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the look of your heart, so interesting and what a super card you made using it...lovely.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great effect with the cling wrap technique and colours. Very romantic card and love the black cute silhouette stamping x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy