Tuesday, January 16, 2018

CAS Watercolour Happy Birthday Reminder!

Time for CAS Watercolour Birthday Reminder cards by the talented DT 
and our amazing Guest Designer, Birgit (Rapport fran ett skrivbord)


I am so pleased to have another Birthday card in my stash:-)

Here is a close up of the Magicals Mica Powder Shine!


I have been playing with a tripod this week given to me by Denny from his photography "Stash"!

It is a good backpack tripod with lots of loving nicks and scratches and memories:-)
Thanks again Denny and especially for the tips!

I am especially pleased with the clear and non-blurry close up.

I am also playing with my new Lindy's Stamp Gang Prairie Wildflower Magicals Set, which was a SSS gift from Loll.  Thanks again dear friend.

Here is another recent birthday card I made using the product.

I added Bells of Ireland Green powder to my paint palette well and reconstituted with water.  Then added Bachelor Button Blue to another well and reconstituted.

Now I was ready to do a wet on wet watercolor wash technique using a flat wet brush
onto Strathmore Mixed Media watercolor paper.  

I painted the green and then the blue Magicals letting them blend by tipping my paper.
I loved the result.  It is interesting how all the shine does not show up until the paint is dry.
Very Magical!

Next I die cut the frame using MB Stitched Rectangle die.
Then die cut the happy with CUTplorations Happy Word Die 3 times.  
Once from the watercolor background and twice with SU Thick Whisper White CS. 
I attached all 3 layers using SU Fine Tip Glue Pen, which made the hidden word pop up.

Then used my MISTI to stamp birthday.  
Added sequins for a bit more bling and fun foam to pop up the image
onto the SU Thick Whisper White card base.

I loved the color combination, shine and watercolor wash.  Hope you like it too.
You have until the 24th to join us at CAS Watercolour.  
Be sure and check out the DT, GD and Gallery cards.  So much Gorgeous Inspiration. Hugs...

Adding to STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes


STAMPlorations January CAS anything CAS with optional Twist: Silver.  I did not do the twist.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU Sunshine Sayings (ret)
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White. Strathmore Mixed Media watercolor paper.
Inks: Archival Jet Black.  Lindy's Stamp Gang Prairie Wildflowers Magical set: Bells of Ireland Green and Bachelor Button Blue.
Accessories: CUTplorations Happy Word Die. MB Stitched Rectangle Die. Flat paint brush, pallette, spritzer to reconstitute powders, SU fine tip glue pen, sequins from stash.






17 comments:

  1. Magical indeed! What wonderful and fabulous shine form those magicals...I love them x Pretty colour combination and love the hidden message die technique too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS design with your watercoloured background and hidden word technique, Nancy. The shimmer is amazing from the magicals. What a gorgeous colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is this beautiful but your photography is so perfect too! Love the card and can see all that shine! What a fabulous design, Nancy, an appropriate birthday card for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and shine from the Magicals!! And I love the way the "happy" stands up from the rest because of your die cut layering. Perfect embellishment of a few sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card... I'm never happy when I try this sort of look myself, but you've nailed it perfectly and the shine just adds something special!
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can always use another birthday card, and look at that shine! Fabulous! I've never found your pictures to be blurry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors and shimmer, my friend! What a fun birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the shimmer is awesome and love those colours. Magical's are so much fun aren't they :). I love your camouflage die cut looks amazing in all that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty Nancy...loving the look of the embedded sentiment and the shimmer is wonderful...lovely card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE the colors, the shine & shimmer of Magical Mica Powder, and the hidden word pop-up, Nancy! There are a lot of goodies in the card (It's like a treasure hunt!) and yet you've made it look so CAS! Wonderful work, my friend! The picture of the close-up is so clear and shows the shimmer very well. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the beautiful colors of mica powder. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for visiting my blog, Nancy.
    Marge ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a HAPPY card. What beautiful colours and lots of shine. Mica Magic :D
    Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I can definitely see the beautiful shimmer from the Magicals in this post. It reminds me of Perfect Pearls(?). I need to see it
    IRL. Yay to another birthday card added to your stash. Great card... love the hidden die cut sentiment.
    Have a wonderful week. Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A simple design but it really stands out, I love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can never have too many Birthday cards! Love your CAS design and all that shimmer... swoon!! I know how hard it is to capture on camera, so well done for that too, in addition to the gorgeous card. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  16. What gorgeous colors and shimmer ... so glad you joined our CAS Challenge at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy