Monday, January 15, 2018

CAS Mix Up January Cling Wrap Reminder!

Time for our January CAS Mix Up Reminder cards!

Stunning cards by our DT and Guest Designer, Christine (It's a card days night)!
Be sure and check them out for more Inspiration!


Here is my card.
Using Stamping + Cling Wrap Brushos on Glossy Paper + Die Cuts.

I had the perfect Cling Wrap background using Brushos on Glossy paper in my stash:-)

I had sprinkled several colors of Brushos (scarlet, purple and leaf green) onto Glossy paper from my friend Christine, our GD this month.  Then spritzed liberally with water.  

Placed a piece of Saran Wrap larger than the photo paper 
and scrunched it up to make lots of wrinkles.
Then set aside for several hours to dry.

I loved the more pastel textured looking shades, perfect for a baby card.

Next I die cut the larger layer of SU Thick Whisper White CS 
with CUTplorations Crazy Double RunningStitch Rectangle die.  

Then die cut the Square Peek-A-Boo window.
Another gift from Christine.  Thank you again my friend!

I die cut my cling wrap technique piece with the square die then stamped
the sentiment and birdie using archival black ink.
Next inlaid the square piece into the center of die cut square frame.

Then stamped the bottom sentiment and added the cute melon mambo birdie that I had stamped 
and fussy cut.  Next I attached the pink birdie to the stamped black birdie.
The sentiments and birdie were from a retired SU set..Nursery Necessaties.

I attached the image layer to fun foam and attached to the SU Thick Whisper White card base.
I was very pleased with the results!

Congratulations Shery and David on your sweet baby "Winter Rainbow"!
Big sister, Kathryn must be thrilled too:-)


Challenges:


STAMPlorations: CAS January Challenge: CAS but no twist.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU Nursery Necessaties (ret)
Paper: Glossy paper.  SU Thick Whisper White.
Inks: Brushos: scarlet, purple and leaf green.  Archival Jet Black.  SU Melon Mambo.
Accessories: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle die.  Die-Namics Square Peek-A-Boo Window Die. fun foam. SU papersnips.

16 comments:

  1. Adorable!! What a sweet baby girl card ... I know Shery will love it!! Great colours with your cling wrap background on the glossy card stock. That little bird is so sweet!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great swirly background you created for your sweet little pink bird on this cute new baby card Nancy! I didn't know Shery had another baby - how lovely! and I'm sure she will love this card! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colours and such a pretty effect and such a cute bird to finish it off. Shery will be delighted x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty, I love the soft colours so perfect for a baby card. I love all the texture from the cling wrap on your glossy paper. oh and that bird is down right adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet baby card, my friend! Love the pink and blue and that tiny bird! I'm sure Shery and family will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable new baby card! Love the beautiful cling wrap background, that sweet little bird, and the great framing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cling wrap background Nancy. Perfect colours for that gorgeous little pink birdie. Love both dies used here. Yes Shery will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable baby card, Nancy! The pastel swirly cling wrap background is perfect for the occasion. The hot pink birdie is a cute accent against the soft background. Using the two different stitched frame dies are a fresh idea too. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mix of the blue and pink on your baby card, Nancy! Beautiful job with the cling wrap too! This is such a clean design. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made a baby card yesterday, too! And with birds. Mine does not have that awesome cling wrap background, though. Love the stitchy window. Cute, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, the softness you obtain on this glossy card stock is the perfect background for that baby birdie. What great mouvement you obtained as the final result. So DREAMY! The perfect white framing, keeping the focus on your gorgeous abstract background. Beautiful card Nancy, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a sweet card mf..love the look of the bkg., pretty.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful CAS card. I love the background you created and the little bird - perfect! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable. The colours are beautiful. Great design too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the sweetest little card. The birdie is darling and the background is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy