Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Splitcoaststampers TLC656 Watercoloured Tissue + Embossing

Sabrina is hosting this weeks SCS TLC656 Watercoloured Tissue plus Embossing Challenge.  

I love any tissue paper technique,  so had to play along:-)


Here is my Watercoloured Tissue Paper plus Metallic Gold heat EB card!


I used Loll's (Stamping with Loll) wonderful Tissue Paper Watercolouring & Techniques You Tube Video for my background technique. Do not miss Loll's awesome video.  You will learn so much and be hooked on tissue paper techniques:-)

I used SU Daffodill Delight, Melon Mambo and Tangerine Tango Classic Dye Inks to watercolour my tissue paper.  I swiped the inks onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and layed my 6" x 6" piece of tissue over the inks and then carefully picked up and layed onto a paper towel.

Next let dry then scrunched up into a ball and opened leaving lots of  scrunched wrinkles.   Brushed Golden's Gel Medium onto a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of mixed media and attached carefully my scrunched watercolored tissue paper.  I weighted down with an acrylic block for good attachment.

I then used my embossing buddy on my piece and carefully rubbed Versamark ink on the raised ridges,  sprinkled on Gold Tinsel EB powder and heat embossed.  Wow...Lots of pretty gold glitter!

Added a twice die cut CUTplorations Birthday Word Die and attached with SU Fine Tip Glue Pen and weighted down with acrylic block until dry and secure.  Stamped my "Happy" sentiment from SU "It's Your Birthday" using Melon Mambo ink and attached with same glue and weighted down.

When everything was perfectly dry and secure I popped up on a piece of fun foam and attached to SU Thick Whisper White card base and Done!

Thank you Sabrina for a fun tissue paper technique.  So pleased you liked my sample for the DTGD17 Challenge.  Here are My DTGD17 Tissue Cards.

Here is the link again to The Technique Lovers Challenge on Splitcoaststampers TLC656 Watercoloured Tissue plus Embossing Challenge.  So many gorgeous cards in the Gallery.

Hope you get to play along too:-)  Hugs..


Supplies:
Stamps: SU It's Your Birthday (2005) Retired.
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White.  Strathmore mixed media.  White Tissue Paper.
Inks: SU Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango. Versamark clear pigment ink.
Accessories: Ranger Gold Embossing Tinsel. SU Heat Tool and Fine Tip Glue Pen.  CUTplorations Birthday Word Die.  Golden's Gel Medium and foam brush. Fun foam ($ store)

Adding to STAMPlorations Anything Goes


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tissue paper background with lots of gold shine, Nancy! I love that the mixture of the pretty colors and the texture of the tissue paper are gracefully in contrast to the simple smooth white card base and the sentiment. So artsy! Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever and what a gorgeous effect! Beautiful card Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rough look of the tissue paper not completely covering the cs and hanging over the edges in some parts! Beautiful colours and fabulous sentiment! I must get one made today for the SCS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan. I liked the more organic look of leaving the tissue paper layer all natural too:-) So fun to see all of us DT girls playing in the SCS challenge, since that is where we all became such close friends:-) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so artsy and fun with your scrunch and heat embossed tissue that doesn't cover the backing ... love that design! Of course, the colours are just perfect. :) Thanks for the wonderful shout out, my sweet friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Loved your card too, Loll. It looked like we were channeling each other..again! Thank you soooo much for your awesome video tutorial. It was so helpful. Hugs..

      Delete
  6. Nancy, these are my absolutely favorite colors and the gold really enhances this gorgeous card. Love all the texture. I still have not tried this but it's definitely on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you watch Loll's video, Nancy you will have no problem with this technique. Make sure you have several pieces of tissue ready...you can not make just ONE:-) Hugs...BTW, you do not have to heat emboss to make cool backgrounds:-)

      Delete
  7. Amazing texture tissue background, Nancy. The gold really adds elegance to those colours. Hugs, Trina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I need to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all that gold glitter on these pretty colors, Nancy! A very festive birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love how you left the loose ends on the edges Nancy - what a great panel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw this at SCS - gorgeous Nancy. I have done a few using this same technique to post next week. I love your colour choices ... just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kia, can't wait to see your cards next week. It really is a fun technique and Loll's video has been so helpful. Hugs

      Delete
  12. So so pretty. Love this technique now too with the inspiration from Loll's video. Your background is so unique and the pop of gold embossing is amazing....as is your card...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, Nancy, the tissue paper panel looks amazing, so much texture and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One of my fav techniques too Nancy and thie turned out awesome.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Nancy, I love all the texture you have got on this piece of tissue paper and love the pink and orange with the gold, and the large sentiment works beautifully over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nancy, I am coming from the blog of Trina. Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nancy, gorgeous card, I love the rough edges and amazing colours. So artistic :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy