Sunday, July 16, 2017

CAS Watercolour Butterfly Reminder

Time already for our CAS Watercolour July Butterfly Reminder by all the DT and our GD Eunji (Stamper EunjoA)


My Butterflies Dream Card


Close Up of the Watercolouring, EB Paste and Glitter!


I am still having fun from June's CAS Mix Up Embossing Paste/Gel Challenge and could not resist after smooshing with Distress Inks my background...adding a stenciled fern using Embossing Paste. While the paste was still wet I sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

While my fern was drying I used DOX scraps to punch out my butterflies.  I shaped with my bone folder and die cut the butterfly bodies and attached to the wings with glue.

Next I die cut my main image CUTplorations border and stamped my STAMPlorations sentiment using my MISTI and added 3 Nuvo drops.

I popped up my main image with fun foam and my butterflies with dimensionals.  Then attached to my Thick Whisper White CS.  I wish you could see all the pretty glitter.  A fun Summer time card.

Enjoy and hope you get to join us a CAS Watercolour.  You have until July 24th to play along.  Hugs.

Adding a challenge..

STAMPlorations Never Ending Anything Goes



Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Live, Love, Laugh"

Inks: T.H. Distress Oxide Inks:Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers.  T.H. Distress Inks:Broken China, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw and Mermaid Lagoon..spritzed and smooshed for watercolour background.

Paper: SU Thick Whisper White, Strathmore Mixed Media

Accessories: CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Die.  Memory Box Effera Butterfly Wings (butterfly body).  SU Elegant and Bitty Butterfly Punches.  Cameo Fern Stencil  (gift from Loll).  MISTI.  SU Dazzling Diamonds.  Golden's Embossing Paste. Nuvo Chrystal's Glitter Drops. SU Fine Tip Glue Pen.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Nancy! I love how the DOX, embossing paste, and glitter give your card a dreamy, almost ethereal vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful DOX watercoloured background, love the subtle fern silhouette merging with the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning with great elements that come together to make one amazing card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy your card has such a dreamy quality to it...looks amazing mf with the pale wash of colour and the hint of textures.
    very well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and dreamy card, Nancy! I love that you sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over the fern. It must be gorgeous in real life. I think your choice of Faded Jeans for the bigger butterfly and the sentiment is perfect. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours of your watercoloured background, Nancy. So pretty with the embossing paste fern on top with glitter. I can really see the shimmer from the glitter in your close-up photo. Your card is so "dreamy" with the sweet butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Nancy! The colors and textures on this are amazing. How creative this is! You framed this so perfectly too! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, my friend! Love the smooshed background and the embossed fern! And those butterflies are so pretty! All these elements work together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so beautiful! LOVE the colours and the stencilled paste with glitter just brings everything to life! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours and love the texture paste fern with that beautiful glittery finish Nancy. The butterflies are just that bit softer using the DOX inks. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Nancy! Gorgeous soft colours and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How in the world did I miss this most beautiful creation? The watercolor, the stenciled fern, the butterflies... all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous inky background, Nancy, positively dreamy and I like how you added the embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy