Sunday, July 2, 2017

CAS Watercolour Butterfly Challenge

Time for the CAS Watercolour Butterfly Challenge!

  
Enjoy my CAS Watercoloured with Distress Oxide Inks,  Butterfly Card.




I wanted to try a rainbow color combo using my T.H. Distress Oxide Inks.  I cut 7, 3" x 3" squares of Strathmore Mixed Media paper.  Next smooshed six squares using only one DOX ink on each square of paper.  Then swiped one ink pad onto my Craft Mat, spritzed with water and then smooshed with the pre-cut paper until the entire piece was filled with the one color of ink.

I used these DOX inks: Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Faded Jeans, Broken China and Wilted Violet.

After pieces dried I punched out my 6 butterflies using my SU Bitty Butterfly punch. Next I made one more smooshed piece using all six DOX inks to use for the Poppystamps "Scribble Thank You" die cut sentiment.

I die cut the SU Whisper White 3" x 4" rectangle using my Memory Box Stitched Rectangles Die.   Next I attached a piece of fun foam ($ store) on the rectangle.  Die Cut the Thank You using the smooshed with 6 DOX inks piece.  Added SU Fine Tip Glue Pen to foam, which showed under the die cut sentiment and then inlaid the Thank You (like a puzzle).  Weighted down with an acrylic block until glue dried.

Next I used my bone folder to form the butterflies,  added SU tiny pearls and 3M foam tape to the back of butterflies to attach to my main image.

The last step was to attach the popped up main image to my SU Thick Whisper White card base.  I really liked the rainbow Distress Oxide Ink colors and CAS watercolour design.

Be sure and check out the CAS Watercolour challenge with gorgeous butterfly cards by our very talented Design Team and Guest Designer Eunji (Stamper EunjoA). You have until July 24th to join the fun!  Hugs...

Supplies: Included in Description.


13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful rainbow of butterflies! The Oxide inks were perfect for colouring them! Love the inlaid sentiment and the pearls too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightfully beautiful Nancy ... love the way you did the sentiment and of course I love the butterflies. A wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rainbow of butterflies is so pretty, Nancy. And I LOVE how you've used all the colours to create your die-cut sentiment. So creative and fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome butterflies, my friend! I love the single smooshed colors! I love the rainbow these sweet butterflies make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the rainbow effect is so pretty, and I love how it carries over into the inlaid sentiment. So Bright and Cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The butterflies are sooo pretty, Nancy! I love the way you colored the sentiment and you made it inlaid. Hideko :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!! So clean and pretty ... I really have to get more oxide inks Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful array of beautiful butterflies Nancy and I love the DOx.inks in such pretty pastel colours, just so summery. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a sweet card Nancy with your fun and colourful flurry of butterflies...great card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card, Nancy! Great job creating colour depth with the DOX smooshing. Love these rainbow butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you did the die cut sentiment and those butterflies are so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colors on your pretty butterflies Nancy! and the embedded sentiment looks lovely in the middle! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This will go down as one of my all-time favorites of yours, Nancy! I love the pretty pastel butterflies, but also the color mix background on the letters. It shows up so well even with only that little bit showing. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy