Tuesday, November 15, 2016

CAS Mixed Media November Reminder Card

I used MISTI Stamping + Masking + my choice of watercolor wash and splatters for the CAS Mixed Media November Reminder Challenge.


All the DT, Guest Designer and Gallery this month have absolutely Stunning Samples of masked techniques for many occasions for your Inspiration!  You still have until November 24th to play along.

I used SU Shimmery White Cardstock for my main image.  I love the subtle shimmer and it works well for watercoloring if you do not add too much water.

I placed my 4" x 5 1/4" piece of CS in my MISTI then Masked the edges at 1/2" all around using my 3M Masking Tape,  which is 2" wide, never tears paper and can be reused many times :-)

Then I placed my PB "The Unfolded" stamp and closed my MISTI.   I opened my MISTI and inked the stamp with Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink ink pad and closed MISTI.   I stamped one more time for darker coverage and then let my image air dry completely.

I scribbled Memento London Fog ink onto my craft mat and spritzed with water to get a soft diluted grey for my background watercolor wash using a #4 paint brush.  Let dry.  Covered flower image with a mask and splattered the background with diluted black acrylic ink.  Let dry.

Removed tape...and loved the results. I even liked how some of the wash went under the mask a bit.   I added more shimmer to the flowers with Wink of Stella and stamped and popped up my sentiment.

Enjoy and Happy Masking Stamping my friends.  Hugs...


Card Recipe
Stamps: Penny Black "the unfolded" and STAMPlorations..dee's "Blooming Buds" sentiment.
Paper: SU Whisper White Thick and Shimmery White CS
Inks: Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink.  Memento London Fog and Jet Black.  Acrylic Black paint.
Accessories: MISTI, 3M Masking Tape, paint brush, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, SU sequins (ret)
Techniques: CAS, Masking, Splatters, MISTI Stamping


12 comments:

  1. Really beautiful Nancy. Love the artistic look of that gorgeous flower. So perfect with your masked watercolour wash background and the black splatters. I also like how the wash seeped through a bit onto the background ... adds even more of an artistic look. Great job with masking! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely masked panel to contain your flower and background wash. Love the splatters. I bet it's really shimmery IRL with the wink of Stella and shimmery cs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, how beautiful this is! You make me want to run and pull out some of those Penny Black watercolor flowers I own. Love the soft wash in the background, the perfect compliment to your artwork. Wonderful splattering too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the masked area makes a lovely frame and the artsy look where the wash slipped underneath. Beautiful flower too! And splatters are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the combo of those 2 tones, warm and cold. Makes that beautiful flower just pop. That sentiment and same colour splatters are the perfect finish. Truly looks fabulous :D
    Hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your red florals really pop off the light gray background Nancy - love the splatters too! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful water colour image and I also love the irregular edge where the water seeped under. gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the subtle London Fog background wash keep the gorgeous flower from looking too harsh. It adds another degree of softness. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Nancy, the wash is just perfect with your beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stamp... beautifully coloured. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stamp and wonderful card, I love it.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy