Tuesday, November 1, 2016

CAS Mix Up November Challenge: Masking




Already time for the CAS Mix Up November Challenge: Masking.  We also have 2 new Design Team Members on CAS Mix Up :-)  Loll and Bonnie had the difficult job of choosing only 2 new members from the list of talented stampers from the Design Team Call last month.

Our new DT members are the very talented Julia from Create with Julia and Joanna from Jo-Jo's Spot.  Be sure and go to the CAS Mix Up November Challenge to see their gorgeous masking cards and visit their blogs to leave them some love :-)  We also have Linda S. from Lin's Craft Corner as our Guest Designer for November.  Linda also has a beautiful masked card.

I used Stamping + Masking + my choice of Stenciling with Brushos and Die Cut Leaves



I just received a Dina Wakely Ranger Stencil: "Leafy" from Loll and just had to use it... right now!  I tried a new (to me) masking technique using  the smallest CUTplorations "Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Die".  I cut a 4" x 5 1/4" layer from my Arches 140# Cold Press watercolor paper.

I placed my stencil on my paper, then the die,  using 3M masking tape to mask my 2 1/4" x 3 1/2" stencil image.  I then sprinkled orange, yellow and purple Brushos Powder over the stencil and spritzed with plenty of water.  I carefully removed the masking tape, die and stencil all in one piece.

I LOVED the clean edges I got for my stenciled image.  I let the piece air dry.  I then added my die cut leaves using pop dots.  I stamped my sentiment 3 times using my MISTI to get good coverage.

I added the sequins and ribbon for just a little bit of embellishment.  I am very pleased with the results and will use this masking technique again.

You have until November 24th to join the fun at CAS Mix Up.  Enjoy and Happy Masking..

Card Recipe
Stamps: Simon Says Stamps: Lots of Thanks
Paper:  SU Very Vanilla, Arches 140# Cold Press
Inks: Brushos Orange, Yellow and Purple.  SU Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Big Shot, SU Leaflets Framelits Dies, CUTplorations medium rectangle die for masking,  SU ribbon and sequins (ret), foam dimensional tape, SU Fine Tip Glue Pen.
Techniques: CAS, Die Cutting, Die Masking, Brushos Stenciling



11 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous masked background, Nancy! Love the vibrant colors and clean edges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this combination of colours Nancy. That background has the "WOW" factor. So cool that you were able to mask with brushos ... I bet it was tricky! It turned out perfectly. Love that you left the leaves plain ... they really pop off the colourful, patterned backdrop. AMAZING design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO unique, Nancy! What a fabulous color combination and one that I'd never think to use. I too, love the clean edges, a skill I've yet to accomplish. Beautiful card, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card, your beautiful vibrant background is very artsy and those white die-cuts keep it all in balance! Great composition xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card for autumn / Thanksgiving! Love the colours and the way you kept the die cut leaves white so that the stenciled colours could take centre stage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so perfect for the season. Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright and pretty background with the stencilled leaves Nancy and the white leaves stand out beautifully over the top. The additional masking using the rectangular stencil has given it lovely crisp edges too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors on your stenciling Nancy - love the texture on leaves and card with the watercolor paper and the varied colors on your sequins! Thank you for your warm welcome to the team! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so striking, Nancy! Just through and through sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Proof that you can use WHITE leaves on a card and still have the card come across as Autumn. Love the background and the way you tied the two colors in with your sentiment and ribbon and sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, your masked background is so pretty with those lovely vibrant colors. Such a thrill to be GD this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy