Sunday, August 7, 2016

CAS Mix UP August Sprays and DTGD16


If only you could see all the Shimmer on the stenciled background and Crazy Bird...oh my!

Here is a Close Up,  but much prettier IRL...


My card is for the CAS Mix UP August "Sprays" + Stamping + your choice..mine die cuts, watercoloring, stenciling and doodling.


I already had the TCW "Aspen Trees stenciled background in  my stash.  I had sponged SU Old Olive, Pool Party and Dapper Denim onto Whisper White thick CS and die cut with my MB stitched rectangles die.  I just marker watercolored my stamped and Die Cut Crazy Bird using the same colors and popped up.  I used the next size up Stitched Rectangle Die to trace lightly with pencil a frame. Then used my art pen to doodle free hand the border.  Worked Great!

My card was also made for this weeks SCS Dare to Get Dirty 2016 Challenges.  They end tomorrow night the 8th at 11:59 P.M.  Here is the link to My SCS Gallery and this card with all the Deets.

Enjoy and Happy Stamping my friends.  


Card Recipe

Stamps: Tim Holtz Crazy Birds, SU Occasional Quotes (ret)
Paper: SU Whisper White Thick and Strathmore Bristol 100# Smooth Surface for bird
Inks: SU Old Olive, Pool Party and Dapper Denim ink pads and markers. Archival jet black
Accessories: Big Shot, TCW Aspen Trees Stencil, Crazy Bird Dies, MB Stitched Rectangles, liquid pearls, dimensionals, art pen

Thanks for Looking and especially for your comments.  Hugs......





7 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is fabulous - love the sponged stencil and the matching colours in the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome background and wonderful job of doodling! Love that crazy bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only did your card catch my eye but your colors are magnificent! Love that the bird matches the background so beautifully! Super card Nancy! I'll never tire of the Crazy Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've colored the birch tree stencil and layered your crazy bird over it Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card.
    Gorgeous background. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bird is beautifully painted. I love the layout, color and use of the color, black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree--the use of the black on the trees and for the doodled frame really make this card pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy