Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Watercolored Stamped Daffodil!

My First "scandinancy creates" blog post! 


My "Watercolored Stamped Daffodil Birthday Card" for the CAS Mix Up March Challenge...Watercoloring. 
Only seems right,  since Loll has been a huge help in getting my Blog started and she designed my Signature and Blog Watermark!  Thank you again my friend.  My card is for our DD Jeani's 50th Birthday...oh my! 

I watercolored my image with Zig watercolor markers, spritzed with water and stamped onto WC paper.  I used the wet on wet WC technique to add my layers of Zig colors.  Drying between each layer.  I then die cut my window twice with my MB Stitched Rectangles Dies.  Popped up the main layer and inlayed the main image then added the sentiment.  Enjoy and hope you get to join in Loll and Bonnie's new challenge this month.

Adding to Darnells' NBUS Challenge #6... My Never Before Used "Daffodil" stamp.

Time Out Challenge #51 2nd Birthday..spring themed.

STAMPlorations Anything Goes CAS March Challenge.  Twist..Yellow.





CARD RECIPE

STAMPS: Rubbernecker Daffodil and SU Balloon Celebration

WATERCOLORS: Zig Clear Colors Brush WC markers

PAPER: Arches 140# Cold Press WC Paper

TECHNIQUES: CAS, Watercolor Layering, Mixed Media

OTHER:MISTI, Big Shot, MB Stitched Rectangles Dies, spritzer with water, paper towels, paint brush #4, dimensionals and LOTS of patience !

THANK YOU for looking and if you comment...That would be great!

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous watercoloured daffodil Nancy! Jeani is going to love this!! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...it worked! I am Live! Thanks again Loll, you are the best :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Nancy!!! I'm so happy you've finally joined us in blogland! And what a beautiful card -- gorgeous watercoloring. I'm always happy to see your gorgeous makes in the STAMPlorations gallery :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot, woot! I'm so glad you're up and running, Nancy! Your blog looks great and so does your card! Love that daffodil! I've been trying and trying to get some daffodils to come out pretty on paper and I'm losing the battle! Yours on the other hand is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Nancy - congratulations! I didn't know Loll did watermarks and the like - hmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I'm so glad you created a blog. Loll was such a huge help to me when I created mine so I can relate to how grateful you are to her (and I still turn to her with questions about it and she's always so patient and willing to help!). What a beautiful card you created for your first post (and so appropriate that it's for Loll's and Bonnie's challenge!)! I have daffodils blooming in my garden so lovely to see one on your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new blog, it looks amazing, Loll and you did a great design job here. Just joined your blog so won't miss out. I am so pleased you joined Time Out with your first post, such an honour and thanks for your lovely comment on our main blog. This card is a stunner, love how you have framed your card and the flower is coloured perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so pleased that Loll convinced you to start a blog, Nancy! It is such a warm and wonderful community! And I love the look of it! Loll did an amazing job! I will subscribe as well. Your Ziggie colored card is spectacular and so perfect for Loll and Bonnie's new challenge! You should hang it on the wall since you've made it self-framing with your stitched dies! Thank you for entering it in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Nancy! What a fantastic job you did designing your blog! I'm still in the dark ages here (grin). Love your card and the fantastic framing you did! Have fun, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely and how nice for your first post at your new blog. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A winning inaugural post, my friend! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. From one Nancy to another, welcome to the blog world, what a fabulous 1st! I can see you're no novice, but so excited for this new posting avenue! Loving the watercolor, dimension and beautiful layout to your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did it, Nancy. Thanks Loll for helping out my special twin......she is so talented! Love your Blog Site, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nancy welcome to blogland. Oh this card is so gorgeous. AHmazing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on arriving in blogland, Nancy! Beautiful daffodil ... such lovely watercolouring and gorgeous framing! Honoured to have you playing along with us at Time Out with your first post ... thank you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a spectacular start to your new blog! Love how you've done this daffodil. They are not easy, for some reason. The inlaid framing and having it off-center makes it pop even more.

    Congratulations! I am really looking forward to all your future blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats mf....love seeing your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous, beautiful daffodil and stunning design.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay, welcome to Blogland, Nancy! Fabulous card for your inaugural post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nancy, gorgeous classy card! Love your watercolour technique and use of stitched frames adding interest to your creation. And welcome to Blogland ;) Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge. - Ksenija

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! 50! My goodness! Isaac will be 41 in April. Sheesh! Fabulous watercolor daffodil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy